login

Author Topic: The "Strange things" Thread  (Read 14474 times)

Sereja

• Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Waiting for medal.
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Recognizes an exceptional artist on this site. Halloween Modding Contest 2012 To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The "Strange .odf/.lua Line" Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »
NoCombatInterrupt      = "1", mean this vehicle never stop for shoot somebody, and just transport infantry to CPs.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Hail to the Ukraine!  :mf:

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »
There is no issue with discussing radar in a downloadable mod.
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Snake

• So little free time, so much to mod..
  • Moderators
  • Internet Addict
  • "Play to win, not to not lose"
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
  • PSN: Octa-king
  • Tunngle ID: aatcsnake
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2012, 03:55:26 PM »
Ah, very cool, and very useful. I also found this:

ChunkPhysics            = "FULL"

In chunks and I was thinking that maybe this could be adapted to make things obey physics? Apparently SWBF has physics but the trick is to get it on a regular object..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

jdee-barc

• kid
  • Retired Staff
  • Advanced Member
  • derp
  • Awards Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
ReserveOneForPlayer = ("0" or "1") in vehicle odfs speaks for itself i guess...the ai will reserve one vehicle with the value set to "1" just for you to use.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 01:08:07 AM »
Shotgun
Code: [Select]
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_scatter"I found this in the shotgun odf. I can't find a texture named hud_weap_scatter.tga in any of the LVL builders so I assume ModeTexture might be something controlled by the EXE.

Here's a few more:

Rifle
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_fullauto"
Pistol, Sniper, Rocket, and Recon Blaster
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_semiauto"
Bowcaster
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_charge"
Mortar Launcher
ModeTexture     = "HUD_weap_impact"
Time Bombs, Land Mines
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_mine"
Thermal Detonators
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_bounce"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:18:47 AM by Phobos »

Sereja

• Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Waiting for medal.
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Recognizes an exceptional artist on this site. Halloween Modding Contest 2012 To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 01:28:44 AM »
I think, this textures, are hidden somewhere, inside the game lvl's, and responsible for color of the weapon "bar huds".
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:33:39 AM by Sereja »

Phobos

• Poodoo
  • The Chosen One
  • Awards Shotgun Tournament 1st Place Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month LeaderBoard 1 organized by GDH92 and ComSharpshot T.1 1v1 Tournament 1st Place organized by SleepKiller Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 01:31:33 AM »
I have checked almost all of the game LVLs and cannot find them, or any references in the exe to anything starting with hud_weap_

But it might not actually be a texture even though it implies that it would be, we don't know yet. What is a "bar hud"?

Sereja

• Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Waiting for medal.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 01:38:23 AM »
Usualy it is blue, or green (when charged), or red (when overheated) stripe, in top, left corner of game huds.
-Edit
No. Just check it. I change the odf lines, and even delete them, but have no any effect. :confused: Probably it is just another abandoned idea of the creators.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 02:37:23 AM by Sereja »

Snake

• Moderators
  • Internet Addict
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »
Found this cool line in a prop .odf: OrdnanceCollision =   "none" it lets all guns shoot through it but you cant walk through it, interesting..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

jdee-barc

• kid
  • Retired Staff
  • Advanced Member
  • derp
  • Awards Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »
This is commented out on almost every vehilce I can think of. What does it do, exactly?

HitLocation       = "p_crithit 0"
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

SleepKiller

• Co-Admin
  • Internet Addict
  • Awards To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »
Defines a critical hit collision primitive, much like in SWBFII. It probably still works try it.

Snake

• Moderators
  • Internet Addict
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2013, 09:51:06 PM »
I just found these lines in the ATTE .odf

//PassengerSlots          = "4"
//PassengerEyePoint       = "hp_passenger"
//EyePointOffset        = "5.0 3.0 -10.0"

Tried removing the dashes but the ATTE crashed upon entering. :/ Is there a way to make this work? I'd think it would make the ATTE a lot more realistic since it is supposed to hold plenty of troops.

http://www.dk.co.uk/static/html/features/starwars/technology_gallery/images/AT-TE%20Cutaway.jpg
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

tirpider

• Hex-Knife Craftsman
  • Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2013, 10:01:57 PM »
The rep_walk_atte.msh.option:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm thinking that "hp_passenger" may need to be added to the "-keep" list.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I may also be dead wrong about that.)

Snake

• Moderators
  • Internet Addict
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2013, 10:07:57 PM »
That makes sense but it still crashes.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

tirpider

• Hex-Knife Craftsman
  • Master Modder
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Awards To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2013, 10:17:00 PM »
I grepped around and there are several msh files with hp_passenger, but all the odf lines that mention it are commented out except for rep_fly_gunship.odf and tat_hover_landspeeder.odf

They refer to hp_passenger with PilotPosition instead of PassengerEyePoint.

Every odf that contains PassengerEyePoint has it commented out.
(imp_walk_atat.odf rep_fly_gunship.odf and rep_walk_atte.odf)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:19:37 PM by tirpider »