Poll

Which is your favourite Super Mario Game?

Super Mario Bros
0 (0%)
Super Mario Bros 2
1 (12.5%)
Super Mario Bros 3
2 (25%)
Super Mario 64
1 (12.5%)
Super Mario World
0 (0%)
New Super Mario Bros
2 (25%)
Paper Mario
0 (0%)
Super Mario Galaxy
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: April 24, 2009, 02:22:58 PM

Author Topic: Super Mario  (Read 846 times)

Unit 33

• Co-Admin
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant Recognizes an exceptional artist on this site. To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Super Mario
« on: April 24, 2009, 02:07:05 PM »
Wow, this all time greatest example of Japanese gaming
(and one of the greatest examples of world-wide gaming)
has been barely mentioned on this forum...

I'm sure some-one will argue with me over that, but this is my opinion.

Any way I thought I might kick off some discussion out of this, if not complete silence....
 :panic:

The whole point is the discussion of the whole brand and games, I'm sorry that I didn't make it clear...

Yes there are tons of games, so if that is too much, then let's ignore the dull ones....

I know, how about a poll for the game on which we discuss? (Let's ignore party and sports games)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 02:34:01 PM by UNIT33 »

Radical_Pi

• Mustard of Doom
  • Advanced Member
  • Your request is delayed
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mpcgamers.com
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 317294
  • Steam ID:
Re: Super Mario
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:08:52 PM »
pick the specific mario game. a few of them stunk imo, but I like most of them anyways

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Master Zen

• BANNED
  • Advanced Member
  • hlleo my nmaes MZ and I psot on tihs wstbie.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 04:37:22 PM »
Cool topic!

The original and super mario bros 3 were great platformers. 2 was ok, but it was sort of didn't fit in with that series because the concept and levels were apparently taken from a different game.

As for the more modern/newer games, I haven't played Galaxy, hardly played any of Sunshine, but I do own New Super Mario Bros. It's pretty fun, it does what a good new edition or version should do, keep the same good gameplay, add a few things to make it better, and fine tune all of the problems that were annoying in the previous version. Paper Mario is pretty good too, I like that RPG kind of style. Speaking of which, I think you forgot to add Mario RPG to the poll. I also liked Mario and Luigi superstar saga, and the sequel to it Partners in Time.

El Chupacabra

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 08:01:00 PM »
Galaxy was great. It just had that certain something about it that made it a great Nintendo creation.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

Unit 33

• Co-Admin
  • Lavish Poster
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF ICW4 Participant ICW3 Participant Recognizes an exceptional artist on this site. To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month ICW2 Participant Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 05:05:01 AM »
I'm sorry I missed a few, but It would make the poll too large, it's quite big at the moment.

Any way I have decided to base this polite chat on ...
    SUPER MARIO GALAXY !