New "standard" maps

Started by Led, October 23, 2011, 06:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If we are doing sides, we might as well do maps, too, and release both.

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\ADDmap\modderid\newmap.lvl

To start the maps, we will need to have something in Addon that calls the new map, but by releasing maps levels this way, we can mix and match sides and maps and not be too concerned about the addon map limit.  Once placed, the player will always have the map.

Given that the community is very small these days, I think we can get over 50% of active players to install the updates.  Download file sizes and hard drives have also both much larger in general these days, too, so those are no longer the obstacles they used to be.

Please use this thread to discuss what maps we should have (how about all the SWBF2 conversions?) and anything else? 

I am partial to small maps for multiplayer, since the big ones tend to spread out the CPs a lot.

New maps, new sides--anything else?

Should we work on Bamdur's idea of converting SWBF2 animations?

We will likely get one, maybe two shots at this, so let's do it right  :cheer:

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Phobos developer, can you give me some help converting sky files on maps to look more like cloud city?  i.e. we can dump the rain on kamino and yavin 4 and actually be able to see while we play on those maps :)

for addon maps? era mod. pm me for the script
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Sign me up for this as well. I love mapping, once we get the sides done I'll happily make some maps. :) Maybe we should think about adding in new gamemodes? (We'll talk about that one later though.)

Quote from: Buckler on October 23, 2011, 06:09:14 PM
Phobos developer, can you give me some help converting sky files on maps to look more like cloud city?  i.e. we can dump the rain on kamino and yavin 4 and actually be able to see while we play on those maps :)
Just noticed this and thought I would point out the rain is handled by a .fx file in the world folder along with lightning, any water settings and advance sun settings (The .sky file has soem but a .fx file will give you far greater control over it.).

November 06, 2011, 09:48:49 AM #5 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:51:30 AM by Buckler
OK, here is what I have so far for maps.

Please let me know if we should include some more.

right now, its the known SWBF conversions and a couple of other nice maps.

Thanks for the info on rain, sleepkiller.  I will release a player side download to brighten up a few maps and make the playable (kamino, yavin arena, etc).