New Mod WIP! BF1.5 v2.0 "Squad-Up"

Started by jdee-barc, September 16, 2011, 05:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 27, 2012, 07:21:49 PM #60 Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:03:29 PM by jdee-barc
Outdated information removed
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

:moo: :cheer:
Dude thank you for giving the Clone Trooper back the DC-15A!

March 30, 2012, 01:57:51 PM #62 Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:16:11 PM by jdee-barc
Outdated Info Removed
Current Projects:

Yeah I can test, since I'm on holiday now.

I'll help out with Beta.
All great things take time.

March 31, 2012, 07:10:25 PM #65 Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:02:48 PM by jdee-barc
-Outdated stuff removed-
Current Projects:

Sounds like a good plan jDee!

Alright, if you need a mod tester count me in.
All great things take time.

June 05, 2012, 05:11:46 PM #67 Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 01:46:14 PM by jdee-barc
Guys, I'm sorry, I've been absolutely dreadful with posting updates on the mod.

I can tell you now, that the version 2.0 is still in progress after being released incomplete, and then removed.

I've since gotten a new computer (HP Pavillion g6, with 6GB of RAM, awesome graphics, 500GB HD, and Windows 7 Premium 64x, for 400$)

But Here is the mod so far
It looks almost the same as when i last updated, but with some new features, and most of the bugs fixed.

SleepKiller is helping me with some important scripts, and a campaign.
Gogo12 was the official mapmaker, but now he's working on his own projects in SWBF2 (Can't thank him enough for the maps)

I will have screens soon.
Current Projects:

Very nice, good luck and we look forward to see the next version!
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

June 08, 2012, 02:39:58 PM #69 Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:07:09 AM by jdee-barc
Reserved
Current Projects:

June 17, 2012, 10:43:51 AM #70 Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:21:17 PM by jdee-barc
The relevant information that isn't outdated:
Part 1[spoiler]
Clone Units

Clone Trooper: DC-15s Carbine, Hand Blaster, EMP grenade, Health/Ammo Pack
[hide][/hide]

Heavy Trooper: (I thought the chaingun was too powerful, so i gave it to a different unit)
DC-15A Rifle, Missile Launcher, Thermal Detonator, Mines
[hide][/hide]

Clone Pilot: DC-15s Carbine, EMP Launcher, Fusion Cutter, Thermal detonator
[hide][/hide]

Clone Commando (1st Sniper Class, revolves with Shadow trooper): DC-17M rifle, Sniper, Tripwire Mines, Sonic Detonator
Clone Shadowtrooper: DC-19 Stealth Carbine (its basically a sniper rifle, but more advanced), Disguise Kit (a bit buggy), Artillery Strike, Knife

[hide]
[/hide]

Special Units
Jet Trooper: Arc Caster, Hand Blaster, Wrist Rocket, EMP grenade.
Clone Marine: Chaingun, Flamethrower
Clone Commander: DC-15A Rifle, Hand Blaster, Orbital Strike, Thermal Detonator

[hide]

[/hide]

There are more things i've added and i'll update in a bit with some screens. and some ingame screens.[/spoiler]

Part 2: Screenshots of Morishim (Gogo12's finest map in this mod, imo)
[spoiler]EDIT:
Screens of Morishim. I particularly like the eerie blue lighting that casts everthing with a shade of blue.

[/spoiler]

Status Update on the mod as of 6/18/12-6/20/12
CW era: 99% complete (just fixing some bugs)
GCW era: (Imps 85% complete, Rebels 60%)
Maps: almost done (might add a few more)
New Campaign: 30%

This campaign follows the story of 5 clone commandos who flee from the empire and fight their way through many battles to find and join the rebellion, and then participate in some of the more famous battles (Hoth, Endor, etc)

The commandos (they need names)
Unit 1: DC-17m ICWS Rifle clip, Sniper clip, Anti-Armor, EMP Grenade, Sonic Detonator
Unit 2: DC-17m ICWS Rifle Clip, DC-15s Sidearm Blaster, Remote Missile Drone (launches a probe droid armed with 8 heatseeking missiles), Tripwire Mines
Unit 3: DC-17M ICWS Sniper Rifle Clip, Disguise, Time Bomb, Poison Grenade, Knife
Unit 4: DC-17M ICWS Rifle clip, DC-15s SIdearm Blaster, Fusion Cutter, H/A, Sonic Detonator
Unit 5 (with jetpack): DC-17M ICWS Rifle Clip, Arc Caster, DC-15s Sidearm Blaster, Wrist Rocket, Thermal Detonators

The Campaign maps part 1
Kashyyyk-Docks
Dathomir-
Mos Eisley: here they rebel against their assigned stormtrooper squadron but are subdued off-game
Geonosis: Chainisle: as a punishment they are dropped in to a city full of geonsians and must fight their way out
Geonosis: Spire: here, they join up with the rebels and must fight it out against the empire and geonosians
Rhen Var: Harbor: just a one-man mission with Unit 3 (the stealth unit) up against 100 stormtroopers. He has to try to destroy an Imperial AT-TE that's heavily protected by a shield (I used a fambaa shield) and take out all the stormtroopers
Tantive IV: They wipe out the rest of their former stormtrooper squadron on a heated battle on this ship,

Here's an early test screen of the campaign sides on dune sea

See that? Thanks to an incredible discovery by SleepKiller, we can now give units 5 weapons using a rather easy odf trick.

Update #2
Because Gogo12 has left to work on his own projects for swbf I decided its time for me to get off my butt and learn how to actually make maps, so I'm starting a map on a volcano world, with the LavaTest source as a base.
Current Projects:

Unit 3? Must be a relation of mine.

Looking excellent as always and I luurve the new campaign idea.

Also, I'm trying to add some aerial fighting on Rhen Var Harbor. In the first release of the mod, Rhen Var Harbor was edited to have a huge Republic Venator floating in the air... now there's gonna be CP's and ships in some of the hangars!

CommandPost/Spawn information
Venator Cps (There should be 3 or 4 cp's all capturable: Empire/Republic own it. (spawns Gunships/Shuttles, ARC-170s and TIE Defenders. There will also be two enemy desctructable command posts, a static CIS shuttle or a rebel K-Wing (depending on the era) from where enemies spawn. I'll try to make turrets usable on them.

CommandWalker spawnpoint: Rebel Hovernaut (if I can get it to work), CIS MTT

Ice caves CP: neutral

All other CP's remain the same.

No screens yet, still doing ZeroEdit work.
Current Projects:

I'll add it in once I know the new Rhen Var map is stable...also, it looks like it could be made in to a flyer (lol what kind of slow-moving hovercraft has giant rocket engines at the back?)
Current Projects: