Snake's Tutorial on Addon Meshes in SWBF1

Started by Snake, April 20, 2011, 09:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 20, 2011, 09:28:57 AM Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 11:41:40 AM by SnΛke
Addon Meshes are best known as kamas (Or the lower body capes) that are on SWBF2 units. The reason they don't work in swbf1 is because they are part of the model of the SWBF2 unit. The only files pertaining to the kamas are .tga files which won't work. It is possible, however, to have some addon meshes in SWBF1. Examples are Dooku's and Vader's capes. Wookie dreads from the SWBF2 wookie will work because they have an actual model (.msh). Here's how to put them in game:

There are lines in countdooku and darthvaders odf files at the very bottom. I don't know what they say atm because I am on my grandmas mac. I will edit this post later tonight with the actual lines. It says

AnimatedAddon         = "CAPE"

GeometryAddon         = "cis_inf_countdooku_cape"
AnimationAddon         = "cis_inf_dooku_cape"
AddonAttachJoint      = "bone_ribcage"

always use the cis_inf_dooku_cape animation but you can change the geometry as almost ANYTHING as long as it's an .msh file. The geometry name can be rep_inf_trooper and it will show up as a trooper hanging upside down off your back. You can also change the

bone_ribcage to several different bones. I have tried bone_head (which is what you use to put dreads on a wookie) and bone_l_hand which crashed. I will be working on trying to put the actual animation of wookie dreads in but I don't know if there is one actual zafbin file.

Known working bones:
bone_head
bone_ribcage
Known crashed bones:
bone_l_hand

Bone Names:
bone_root
bone_a_spine
bone_b_spine
bone_ribcage
bone_l_clavicle
bone_l_upperarm
bone_l_forearm
bone_l_hand
bone_r_clavicle
bone_r_upperarm
bone_r_forearm
bone_r_hand
bone_neck
bone_head
bone_pelvis
bone_r_thigh
bone_r_calf
bone_r_foot
bone_r_toe
bone_l_thigh
bone_l_calf
bone_l_foot
bone_l_toe

hp_weapons
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

It may be possible, I highly doubt it but some things will work.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

hm dual weapons. it would require an odf command which i don tthink swbf has but its possible to animate. but as an addon... maybe

Another method is using these ODF commands.

I've never tested them but I've seen them in ODF files for BFI.

AttachOdf       = "rep_prop_pistol"
AttachToHardPoint    = "bone_l_hand"

I don't know if you could use it to actuarially add another weapon to the model but idk.

Please give me a little credit in your readme if you use the idea of these odf commands.

ill have to test that but since thats usually for props it probably wont work. good idea though

Yeah I thought I made it clear it I thought it was for props/lights to.

what about bone_pelvis for fixing blackfoot with an invisible coverup mesh to hide it?

Ive made double pistols with this. It works perfectly, except you cant see the addons in the unit select screen, but you can in play. (the animations aren't working but that's not really related.)

Nice, I can't imagine the possibilities of addon meshes :D I hope the double weapons can be perfected.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder