Author Topic: SWBF1 Clan Confederation In EA's SWBF  (Read 21014 times)

Snake

• So little free time, so much to mod..
  • Moderators
  • Internet Addict
  • "Play to win, not to not lose"
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
  • PSN: Octa-king
  • Tunngle ID: aatcsnake
SWBF1 Clan Confederation In EA's SWBF
« on: March 10, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
This is the Syndicate discussion thread. The latest version of the Standards & Tenets will be attached to this post. It describes what the Syndicate is.

List of clans and their level of interest: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3540.msg95723#msg95723

Syndicate clan (for clanless SWBF players): http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3540.msg95818#msg95818
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 02:07:05 PM by Snake »
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

skirata44

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SWBF1 Clan Confederation In EA's SWBF
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:37:35 PM »
Its a good idea, it really is. Theres just one problem-most clans dont allow you to be in more than 1 clan. To be in that clan, youve gotta sever all ties to the other one. I dunno if people would wanna do that, especially if theyre already in a really exclusive clan.
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
Don't mess with Mandalorians.

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
Hey skirata,

I think the idea is like a SWBFgamers "fun night".  For something like that, I don't think that anyone needs to be held to exclusivity.

We already have an ongoing tournament.  After that (maybe during) we can set up a regular mod map night.   As long as we host it by Direct Connection, then we can also involve the Mac players that are still around.  They are good peeps :)

SchTicK

• Frequent Poster
  • Frequent Poser
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 12:54:19 PM »
I would be up for that idea if it were DC. Thanks for considering the Mac Minority.

Snake

• Moderators
  • Internet Addict
  • Awards Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play the original SWBF To recognize Modders that make a most excellent contribution within the Month Intergalactic Clan War 1 Participant Releasing Multiple Mods on SWBFgamers.com
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 01:27:36 PM »
Yeah, this would not be a "traditional" clan. It's just like Led said, A SWBFGamers fun night and mod night and tourneys. Just for fun.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Syyy

• Frequent Poster
  • Nicolas "Syrion" J.
  • Awards Participated in the ICW5 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF Special Award for those that play SWBF2 ICW4 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Join our french-speaking SWBF community!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 02:09:14 PM »
A funteam in short, it would be great :)
Feel free to add me on the following networks:
      Steam - ykwn
      Twitter - itsykwn
      http://the-bw-areback.bbactif.com/

skirata44

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 03:10:46 PM »
Oh, ok. Sorry, my bad. Sounds like fun.
"Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade..."
Don't mess with Mandalorians.

^snippers^

• {PLA}
  • scissors, just scissors
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 06:33:24 PM »
Its a good idea, it really is. Theres just one problem-most clans dont allow you to be in more than 1 clan. To be in that clan, youve gotta sever all ties to the other one. I dunno if people would wanna do that, especially if theyre already in a really exclusive clan.
Maybe instead of it being a clan (correct me if it has already been said[sort of skimmed the posts]) we could make this a group, more like a bunch of star wars players who have fun together, instead of being in a clan. :happy:
(insert signature here)

Snake

• Moderators
  • Internet Addict
    • View Profile
    • =AaTc=
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 06:41:49 PM »
Thats kind of the definition of a clan lol so lets just leave it at clan. A funclan!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Fire

• Frequent Poster
  • *→{₣яє}←*
    • View Profile
    • Flames Desire
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 06:44:53 PM »
sounds cool , I'd be apart if , to clear this up i wouldnt have to leave my clan. Its a good idea too  :tu:
|FD|Pirate{BENGALS FTW}!!:the power of one man to molest another... is excessively strong.

camando116

• It's Camando not Commando Why? Cam is better.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 03:51:39 PM »
look at the new poll to see what people want

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:11:26 PM by camando116 »
P3RK1N$

Davenport

• Formerly Ultimo
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Retired: {Alpha}, [FC]
  • Awards Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: Only_Whisper
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 02:54:18 PM »
>Sorry, but I feel the need to bring this topic back to life.
With the disappearances of a lot of clans, due to mainly the Gamespy issue, I think it would be a great opportunity for SWBFG to not just be a fun-night group, but actually more so a clan with its traditions.

I would definetely come back and play SWBF more if SWBFG were happening. I think it would be a great clan, but not just for SWBF1...
Battlefront 2 would also be a great step for an SWBFG clan, and great representation for the site.

As for the existing clans~...
Existing clans should allow their members to be apart of SWBFG, almost as a big clan alliance.
However, many traditional clan ways could be hindered by an alliance affect in SWBFG.
  • Ranks would be available to individual members, but permissions given within ranks would be too strict and should be kept higher up on the totem pole(Leaders/Co-Leaders & etc.). This way the ranks are determined more so on Reputation within SWBFGamers. Skill would be obsolete towards ranks so we don't have players possibly leaving behind one clan just to try to really push for permission rank in SWBFG.
  • ((I lost my thought for the second bullet. If you can think of another reason why clan traditions would be affected by SWBFG being a clan's alliance, let us know.))
SWBFG can still happen with their own organized meets/parties/fun-days/etc.
Correct me anywhere if I've mistaken something.

TL;DR(Too Long; Didn't Read) Version of the previous text:

Basically we should have SWBFG for great website representation on Battlefront 1 and 2. Due to some clans currently being still existent, they should allow their members to be a part of SWBFG as an alliance of sorts, but it would hinder on traditional clan ways.

ΙΞKػ

• Frequent Poster
  • -Strength and Honor-
  • Awards ICW4 Participant ICW3 Winner ICW2 Participant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • GR ID: 318284
  • Xbox: TantlVe
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 08:25:28 AM »
And we could move into swbf3 with it when battlefront makes its glorious return
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Davenport

• Formerly Ultimo
  • This Man Has No Life
  • Retired: {Alpha}, [FC]
  • Awards Recognizes someone who most generously donated funds to the site or the site Special Award for those that play SWBF2 Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • PSN: Only_Whisper
  • Steam ID:
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 09:15:13 AM »
And we could move into swbf3 with it when battlefront makes its glorious return
Yeah!
It would be a great turn for us

Led

• Administrator
  • The Chosen One
  • The 82nd Element
  • Awards Award for extensive modding contributions and/or donations to TWD Battlefront Special Award for players of the EA Reboot of SWBF Special Award for those that play the original SWBF
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam ID:
  • Tunngle ID: _PLA-Led
  • Origin ID: plaled
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »
I think the thing we are missing right now is a fun group event, like a mod map night.

If someone would volunteer to organize a Sunday afternoon mod map event, I would consider giving them server access to put the maps in place.