cross hairs

Started by lord d, November 15, 2010, 05:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 15, 2010, 05:48:31 PM Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:08:51 AM by lord d
hi all

i was wondering could someone make a sniper cross hair for me? i want to use it in single and multiplayer because the default sniper cross hair on swbf1 gets annoying. i would really like something like this:
if this is not possible tell me and i will try to simplify it.
thanks is advance.
Lord D
i am on a mac btw

EDIT: i just made this with GIMP this is the idea i had in my head for what the cross hairs would look like in swbf (attached)
I am not the greatest with GIMP so excuse the white parts that i missed.

is there a download link for this crosshair?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Commando Sev on August 25, 2012, 05:18:57 AM
is there a download link for this crosshair?
This is just a jpg image of what he would like the crosshair to look like.

oh i see  :slap:

By Sniper Crosshair are you referring to the Scope?

In that case no, that wouldn't be possible...

Scopes editing doesn't allow you to change the whole "circle", it limits you to editing a quarter of that circle, and then the game flips it around to make it a circle... yes?

So... instead this would be possible...

could you send me that crosshair i like it ill edit it then create the common.lvl for it.

Quote from: Regent on August 25, 2012, 08:34:51 AM
Scopes editing doesn't allow you to change the whole "circle", it limits you to editing a quarter of that circle, and then the game flips it around to make it a circle... yes?
This is how almost all the .tga's are in SWBF. It's symmetrical. If you want one side of a trooper to have a stripe or something like that and not the other side you wouldn't be able to do that through simple .tga re-skinning.

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 25, 2012, 09:03:01 AM
This is how almost all the .tga's are in SWBF. It's symmetrical. If you want one side of a trooper to have a stripe or something like that and not the other side you wouldn't be able to do that through simple .tga re-skinning.
Yeah Kit gets it.
To save on memory space they have to make textures smaller, so they use these smaller textures, which are then reflected and stretched to make symmetrical models and interface.

ah now it makes sense so ill just try to make one like this. :tu:

Here's one I quickly made, I can't munge right now so someone else better test it.

Looks nice.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The lines are a little faded and could be more bold, but it looks cool.

Thanks guys.  Maybe he still has his SWBF disk  :hehe:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 27, 2012, 02:12:36 PM
Looks nice.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The lines are a little faded and could be more bold, but it looks cool.
Oh you probably need to give it a tga.option to prevent it from being lowrez like that, since the .tga's pretty bold.