[SOLVED]Animated Avatar?

Started by Nikoli, September 29, 2010, 01:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 29, 2010, 01:56:22 PM Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 08:33:58 AM by Nikoli
Just wondering how to get my animated avatar to work on this forum board

My animated avatar works on this site. I just do it like I would any non animated picture. Are you sure your ava is a gif?

Once you have an animated avatar just resize small it in a program like gimp by a percent untill it is viewable in mpcgamers.com. In gimp I resize with the image tab and then scale image tab to make it smaller.

I made one this morning, its not that great, but first one so :)

Helps alot.

http://www.whitsoftdev.com/unfreez/  Download and use to make its animated.

Save every image as .gif. same size probably.

Your avatar is not animated. Your signature would have to be resized to a smaller size to animate at the avatar size.

I forgot about that url link to your animated avatar. I was able to get one sized to 200x150 and it had indexed 154 layers. I didn't bother trying to see what size is the limit. At least you know this more than you did before. Cool to see new stuff.
This is the size I got to work.

Quote from: Red on October 02, 2010, 11:44:18 PM
You have to upload the gif to an external source (ex. photobucket/imageshack) in order for it to work. It will not work if uploaded to the forum itself.
Thanks Red! That's what my problem was! I should have my snazy new avatar done pretty soon

Ok thanks guys who helped out with my problem! I've now got my animated avatar up.