SWBFgamers Server is up on Steam

Started by Dark_Phantom, May 03, 2020, 06:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyder

Hey there guys!


Today I joined the 21st clan guys for some rounds in the european server. We crashed a couple of times, so I tested some stuff and found out that we crashed after I typed in the teamchat.

This means that typing through it will cause a crash, so in order to avoid it, we have set up a "private" server so that those who join avoid crashing it (we'll try to let know everyone about it so that they can join us there).

Anyder | Operations Excellence & Communication - SWBF & Player Engagement

StoneCold

Interesting find Anyder!

I'll be on the lookout for the server (if I see it in the browser) and join you guys there. Itching to play again as I've given up for now trying to get my commandline based server in the server browser  :D

{PLA}gdh92

Quote from: Anyder on May 13, 2020, 12:54:01 PM
Hey there guys!


Today I joined the 21st clan guys for some rounds in the european server. We crashed a couple of times, so I tested some stuff and found out that we crashed after I typed in the teamchat.

This means that typing through it will cause a crash, so in order to avoid it, we have set up a "private" server so that those who join avoid crashing it (we'll try to let know everyone about it so that they can join us there).

Was that a dedicated server? Someone used team chat and I replied to double check in a player hosted server just now.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Anyder

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on May 15, 2020, 12:05:04 PM
Was that a dedicated server? Someone used team chat and I replied to double check in a player hosted server just now.
Yes!

I've been lately checking what happens in both sides:

=> If you join a PC (Self-hosted) Server, you'll be able to use the team chat.
=> If you join a Dedicated Server, the team chat crashes the server. For some reason, when the dedicated server uses teamchat, it's shown in the general chat (if you create a dedicated server with your game). So that's probably why we're crashing.

As to how to fix it, I've been testing with different core files, and gave the same results which means it's hardcoded to the exe itself.

Anyder | Operations Excellence & Communication - SWBF & Player Engagement

Anyder

Hey there guys!

After the last update from Steam/GoG, PC Dedicated works fine so far, so we're switching back to PC-Dedicated the server we were hosting.
If anyone finds out any problem with the servers, please reach us ASAP  :cheers:

Thanks for your time!

Anyder | Operations Excellence & Communication - SWBF & Player Engagement

StoneCold

Just to add my 2c as well.

Since the multiplayer hotfix patch on 2 October 2020, the game is basically perfect in my opinion now. I jammed a bit on your EU server last night and had a blast against bots.

I then tried hosting my own dedicated server and low and behold, this time round, hosting it via command line worked for the first time. Don't know what I did wrong before though, but just glad that its finally working  :cheer:

The future is bright for SWBF Classic once again. Even though we lost a lot of players since the game's release on Steam and GoG, I doubt a lot of people are aware of the new hotfix patch which fixed the issues with MP. But, I suppose we'll have a surge of players again next year on the May 4th sale (here's hoping).  8)

Anyder

Quote from: StoneCold on October 06, 2020, 05:32:12 AM
Just to add my 2c as well.

Since the multiplayer hotfix patch on 2 October 2020, the game is basically perfect in my opinion now. I jammed a bit on your EU server last night and had a blast against bots.

I then tried hosting my own dedicated server and low and behold, this time round, hosting it via command line worked for the first time. Don't know what I did wrong before though, but just glad that its finally working  :cheer:

The future is bright for SWBF Classic once again. Even though we lost a lot of players since the game's release on Steam and GoG, I doubt a lot of people are aware of the new hotfix patch which fixed the issues with MP. But, I suppose we'll have a surge of players again next year on the May 4th sale (here's hoping).  8)

Let's hope for the best! In the meantime, feel free to ping @SWBF1-Players in our Discord server to let them know you're around in #swbf1-steam :cheers:

Anyder | Operations Excellence & Communication - SWBF & Player Engagement