Star Wars: Battlefront Stock Sound Effects from common.bnk

Started by Giftheck, April 06, 2016, 02:52:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here is a complete rip and tagging of the entirety of the common.lvl sound bank for SWBF1. Thanks go to id-daemon on ZenHax for creating the program that neatly extracted the sound effects from the game. I went file-by-file, using the stock .sfx files as a reference to rename all the sound effects. This includes some unused sounds that were not commented from the game but were still included in the common.bnk file (IE the AT-ST chin fire sound, the IFT turret firing sound and the Gonk Droid death sounds to name a few), as well as the sounds from the Jabba's Palace addon. In total, you will find 1,555 sound effects in this.

https://www.mediafire.com/?b4cunujijocica4

There are still some sounds that are missing - these are the ones munged directly into their respective sound.lvl (IE the sarlacc and Rancor sfx). I'll look into retrieving those later on.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Thanks for posting these. Here are WAV rips of the voiceover mission briefing streams for the stock campaigns.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=10381.0;attach=5557

It seems there are some additional sounds that are stored in the sound.lvl files themselves such as the sarlacc sounds. I'll have to try and break the LVL file down to find those sounds. The tricky thing is that those SFX are not included in common.lvl because when common.lvl is made, it only uses the main level's SFX files, skipping any additional sound files (IE if it's not in bes1cw, but instead in bes1_emt, then it will be skipped).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Hello there. I found your post concerning the sound effects for the original game a week or so ago, and I am most pleased with your efforts. I came to this site with one question; may I reupload the sounds you acquired onto Sound-Resource? If there is a reason that you think I should not, let me know what it may be. I'm sure I will understand.

Quote from: ARAJediMaster on October 14, 2016, 04:30:56 PM
Hello there. I found your post concerning the sound effects for the original game a week or so ago, and I am most pleased with your efforts. I came to this site with one question; may I reupload the sounds you acquired onto Sound-Resource? If there is a reason that you think I should not, let me know what it may be. I'm sure I will understand.

There's no point as I already submitted this yesterday. Just waiting for the approval.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Gistech that is amazing.Do you think it will be possible someone to do the same and for Battlefront 2 DEMO.I would love to get the Voice chatters from there.The voices like We captured a command post and so on.The republic ones are amazing.Why Pandemic changed them i do not know...

Quote from: Ginev on October 15, 2016, 07:39:42 AM
Gistech that is amazing.Do you think it will be possible someone to do the same and for Battlefront 2 DEMO.I would love to get the Voice chatters from there.The voices like We captured a command post and so on.The republic ones are amazing.Why Pandemic changed them i do not know...

Unfortunately I think the answer to that will be no. VOs are stored as streams IIRC rather than samples.
In Progress:

On Hold: