Battlefront 3 IFT - REP and IMP variants included

Started by ChadBad, April 01, 2016, 05:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 01, 2016, 05:35:45 PM Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 08:33:18 PM by ChadBad

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1372

The IFT Fighter tank from Battlefront 3, fully converted for use in Battlefront 2.

(EDIT) Here are some 1024x1024 textures for anyone having trouble with the current textures.

Quote from: ChadBad on April 01, 2016, 05:35:45 PM

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1372

The IFT Fighter tank from Battlefront 3, fully converted for use in Battlefront 2.
cool :D, but how about odf and .msh.option configurations ? same parameters?

April 02, 2016, 01:42:57 AM #2 Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:35:26 AM by Ginev
I downloading it right now.I hope this thing have hard points for the weapons.I dont want my laser shots to fly from the front windows :D

EDIT:I checked them on MSH viewer.They have hardpoints.Good job man.Now i only have to test them :)

SECOND EDIT:The 2048x2048 textures do not work for Battlefront 2.I reduce them to 1024x1024 or 1024x2048.Like that they work.

Quote from: DEVISS on April 01, 2016, 09:18:22 PM
cool :D, but how about odf and .msh.option configurations ? same parameters?
Yes, it should work with no changes necessary.
Quote from: Ginev on April 02, 2016, 01:42:57 AM
I downloading it right now.I hope this thing have hard points for the weapons.I dont want my laser shots to fly from the front windows :D

EDIT:I checked them on MSH viewer.They have hardpoints.Good job man.Now i only have to test them :)

SECOND EDIT:The 2048x2048 textures do not work for Battlefront 2.I reduce them to 1024x1024 or 1024x2048.Like that they work.
Odd, I didn't have any trouble with the textures on my end. Nevertheless, I'm glad that you brought this to my attention and I'll be sure to add multiple texture sizes in all future releases. In any event, I'm glad you got it working.  :)

I might have suggested hiding the hp_firepoints and hp_damage meshes as I believe these might show up in game. The munger will still pick them up if they are hidden.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Well ChadBad i know that battlefront 2 do not support 2048x2048 size textures.Im curious how they worked for you in game?Did you used some special option file different from the one we have here with the release?

Quote from: ChadBad on April 02, 2016, 08:35:30 PM
Yes, it should work with no changes necessary.  Odd, I didn't have any trouble with the textures on my end. Nevertheless, I'm glad that you brought this to my attention and I'll be sure to add multiple texture sizes in all future releases. In any event, I'm glad you got it working.  :)
cool thanks again, and great job!!

Quote from: Gistech on April 03, 2016, 12:25:24 AM
I might have suggested hiding the hp_firepoints and hp_damage meshes as I believe these might show up in game. The munger will still pick them up if they are hidden.
I haven't seen them show up in game while testing the models, but I will try to remember to hide them in the future.
I can't count how many times I've forgotten to hide sv or collision meshes and had them show up in game while I've been testing some of these BF3 models.  :slap:
Quote from: Ginev on April 03, 2016, 01:27:34 AM
Well ChadBad i know that battlefront 2 do not support 2048x2048 size textures.Im curious how they worked for you in game?Did you used some special option file different from the one we have here with the release?
I didn't do anything special to get them to work. Have you had any problems with 2048x2048 textures in other games or just BF2?

I have problems only with Battlefront 2.I tryed on alot of different models for battlefront 2 with 2048x2048 textures and they never work.Only if i reduce it to 1024x2048 then it work.Could it be something from my computer?Maybe video card or something?

Quote from: Ginev on April 05, 2016, 10:15:34 AM
I have problems only with Battlefront 2.I tryed on alot of different models for battlefront 2 with 2048x2048 textures and they never work.Only if i reduce it to 1024x2048 then it work.Could it be something from my computer?Maybe video card or something?
Possibly. What video card do you have?

Quote from: Ginev on April 05, 2016, 01:16:44 PM
ATI RADEON R7 2GB
Bizarre, considering that card has twice the memory of mine.
However, I did a quick Google search, and apparently ATI cards sometimes have difficulty with some of BF2's textures, mainly terrain textures from what I've seen.
It appears to be a driver issue, and seems to have begun late last year.
I know it doesn't exactly match up with your issue, as your trouble is only displaying 2048x2048 textures, but it could be somewhat related.
It's possible that these issues have been fixed in a driver release since then, but I haven't seen anything to confirm that theory.
You could try rolling back your drivers, but I can't guarantee that would fix it.
I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Thanks for the info.Well they munge.But when i start my map it crashes.If i switch them with 1024x1024 or like i said 1024x2048 everything works but im losing the detail.2048x2048 is really nice detailed textures.Ohh well never mind.Its not that bad :D