Looking for some help...

Started by Keaton, November 27, 2015, 10:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, I'm new to the site, and like a ton of the mods here.
However, I lack the time it takes to learn to mod myself, so I was wondering if anyone here could help. If someone could add two republic gunships to the initial command posts of the maps

Rhen Var - Harbor
Rhen Var - Citadel
Tatooine - Dune Sea
Naboo - Plains
Kamino - Tipoca City
and
Kashyyyk - Docks,

I would be the happiest person ever, and I would never need another mod. Rocking the clone pilot and laying down some cover fire for the CPU units is a lot of fun, and helps end rounds that take a little too much time. Pus, it's fun being overpowered. I would love these as separate map files (for the addon folder), because that is about the extent of my knowledge as far as adding maps and mods.

Thanks! I'm sure someone can pull it off!

-Keaton

Quote from: Keaton on November 27, 2015, 10:31:36 PM
Hi, I'm new to the site, and like a ton of the mods here.
However, I lack the time it takes to learn to mod myself, so I was wondering if anyone here could help. If someone could add two republic gunships to the initial command posts of the maps

Rhen Var - Harbor
Rhen Var - Citadel
Tatooine - Dune Sea
Naboo - Plains
Kamino - Tipoca City
and
Kashyyyk - Docks,

I would be the happiest person ever, and I would never need another mod. Rocking the clone pilot and laying down some cover fire for the CPU units is a lot of fun, and helps end rounds that take a little too much time. Pus, it's fun being overpowered. I would love these as separate map files (for the addon folder), because that is about the extent of my knowledge as far as adding maps and mods.

Thanks! I'm sure someone can pull it off!

-Keaton
This could be done but would be quite time consuming, and we need to know which CPs from each map you want the ships to spawn from. An easier method would be to mod the rep.lvl to give clone pilots a custom dispenser to deploy the gunship, then you could just modify the mission LVL to create duplicate addon entries of the stock maps with EntityFlyer(1) added.

I recall Kamino originally had gunships before the game was officially released. The devs removed them for some reason, but the spawn nodes might still be on the map in ZE.

November 28, 2015, 05:58:09 AM #2 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 06:23:22 AM by Led
Quote from: Phobos on November 28, 2015, 05:37:50 AM
This could be done but would be quite time consuming, and we need to know which CPs from each map you want the ships to spawn from. An easier method would be to mod the rep.lvl to give clone pilots a custom dispenser to deploy the gunship, then you could just modify the mission LVL to create duplicate addon entries of the stock maps with EntityFlyer(1) added.

I recall Kamino originally had gunships before the game was officially released. The devs removed them for some reason, but the spawn nodes might still be on the map in ZE.

to phobos:
A dispenser would be cool.  Could the ammo still be dispensed along with the gunship?

to keaton:
The maps that already have vehicles would be the easiest to place some ships on.  I can try to start with those (unless phobos works on the dispenser).  The ones I would make would be a mod map based on the stock map.
The ships can also be placed in the GCW era too.  Just let us know.  I once put AT-STs on cloud city  ;)

[Also, to tell us that you don't have time to mod, but have time to play SWBF comes across as saying that your time is more valuable than our time--there may be other reasons to not be able to mod, but time is not a good one  ;)   ]

to new and aspiring modders:
This is a request we can actually complete.  If you want to learn how to mod or edit shipped worlds, we can work on this together to get some practice.

I will see if I can get my mod tools fired up  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'm not sure if it's possible, but one solution would be to add the charge ability to the health&ammo dispenser so that it has a second ord when fully charged up. That ord could be the gunship. AI could probably still use the health and ammo dispenser normally as well.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

To Led:
Agh! I'm so sorry! I should have proofread my original post because I know how that sounds now! What I meant to say is that I'm not very good with level editing in general; I've tried with Halo and Battlefront, and ZeroEditor wasn't working. My laptop isn't the strongest, either. On that note, if you DO know of any beginner tutorials that would help just adding vehicles to stock maps, I would love to learn! There's a lot of interesting possibilities with that. And dude! AT-STs on Bespin?! That sounds awesome! I'd love the map file if you have the time!

Would someone mind telling me some beginner tools I would need to do this kind of stuff? I know ZeroEditor is a given, but are there any others? If you guys know of any helpful tutorials, I would like to learn. There are so many BF2 mods out there that there's really no need because it's probably been done before, but I love BF1's mechanics and maps so much more. I want to do all my work on maps that are added on, because I don't want to risk using a patch or update that will mess up my game. (Happened with BF2. 95% of all my classes went missing.  :'()

No worries :)

I may try to make a video to install the mod tools and set up a map with vechles.  I use windows XP or windows 7 though, so it may be a little different for you.

What version of windows do you use?

November 28, 2015, 01:30:42 PM #7 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 01:44:02 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Led on November 28, 2015, 05:58:09 AM
to phobos:
A dispenser would be cool.  Could the ammo still be dispensed along with the gunship?
Quote from: Snake on November 28, 2015, 08:15:54 AM
I'm not sure if it's possible, but one solution would be to add the charge ability to the health&ammo dispenser so that it has a second ord when fully charged up. That ord could be the gunship. AI could probably still use the health and ammo dispenser normally as well.
I don't think it would be possible to dispense both simultaneously. Snake's idea might work but I haven't tried it. However if this mod wasn't designed to be online compatible, you could just give the clone pilot a 5th weapon for the ship dispensers. If it was to be OC then you might need to replace the fusion cutter or bacta+ammo dispenser with it, unless the chargeup ord method works. I can post a ship dispenser ODF but it only deploys on maps that have EntityFlyer(1) or higher in the mission LUA.

Edit
Ok here is a functional dispenser ODF. To deploy other vehicles just modify this line
OrdnanceName = "rep_fly_gunship"

[WeaponClass]
ClassLabel = "dispenser"

[Properties]
GeometryName = ""

RoundsPerClip = "1"
ShotDelay = "0.0"
ReloadTime = "3.0"
IconTexture          = "HUD_timebomb_icon"
TriggerAll = "1"
AnimationBank = "grenade"
//AnimationBank = "gam"
//FireAnim                = "2"
TrackingSound        = ""

WEAPONSECTION = 1
ModeTexture = "HUD_weap_mine"
//ModeTextureColor = "42 235 42 100"
ReticuleTexture = "reticule_00"
OrdnanceName = "rep_fly_gunship"
ShotDelay = "1.0"
MaxItems = "1.0"
AutoAimSize = "1.0"
MinStrength = "2.0"
MaxStrength = "2.0"

FireSound           = "com_weap_throw_fire"
FireEmptySound      = "com_weap_inf_ammo_empty"
FireLoopSound       = ""
ReloadSound         = "all_weap_inf_equip_med"
ChargeSound         = ""
ChargeSoundPitch    = ""
ChangeModeSound     = "all_weap_inf_equip_med"
WeaponChangeSound   = "all_weap_inf_equip_med"
OverheatSound       = ""
OverheatSoundPitch  = ""
OverheatStopSound   = ""
ClankLeftWalkSound  = ""
ClankRightWalkSound = ""
ClankLeftRunSound   = ""
ClankRightRunSound  = ""
JumpSound           = "all_weap_inf_pistol_mvt_jump"
LandSound           = "all_weap_inf_pistol_mvt_land"
RollSound           = "all_weap_inf_pistol_mvt_roll"
ProneSound          = "all_weap_inf_pistol_mvt_squat"
SquatSound          = "all_weap_inf_pistol_mvt_lie"
StandSound          = "all_weap_inf_pistol_mvt_getup"

MaxItems can also be increased, but be sure you set a higher value for EntityFlyer() in the LUA too :cheers:

I'm moving this to the requests board. 

I will try to set up a windows 10 computer and start on the modding and make some video tutorials. 

I got the dreaded runtime error though, so I am getting a new video card.  Hopefully I can make some progress this coming weekend. :cheers:

December 01, 2015, 05:18:01 PM #9 Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 08:20:03 PM by Led
OK, my new radeon video card still gives that same error, so it must be something else wrong with the system.

edit:  I took a video card from my working win 7 computer and put it in my win10 computer, and ZE would not work in it...I have not been able to pinpoint the issue.  I have installed every C++ redistributable there is...

I have a computer that I can use though, and I hope to start on it on Sunday.   :cheers: