EDIT: The download has been updated with new mission in place.
Jet Wars Campaign for SWBF1
Developed by Arež and Phobos
Released March 17th 2013
This is the first custom campaign mod (which doesn't interfere with stock campaigns) to ever be released for SWBF1. Play through 10 unique missions as both the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance using various Jet Trooper units. There are traditional battles as well as solo hunt missions to complete. The Jet Wars Campaign features various stock and mod maps. Any mod maps used in this campaign will not interfere with your AddOn limit, since they have instead been converted to 'stock maps' and are stored within the GameData\_LVL_PC folder. Mod Installation Instructions:
To install this mod you have to replace 4 of the stock LVL files as follows:
- Backup mission.lvl in your _LVL_PC folder and copy in the new one
- Backup core.lvl in your _LVL_PC folder and copy in the new one
- Backup shell.lvl in your SHELL/ENG folder and copy in the new one
- Backup shell.lvl in your SOUND folder and copy in the new one
- Copy and paste the "JWC" folder into your _LVL_PC folder (this contains all of the other mod files)Known Bugs:
- The AI sometimes kill themselves after so much time on the last level, don't know why or how to fix it.
- Planet hologram textures for Coruscant, Dantooine, and Polis Massa are unavailable. Please contact the developers if you can find them in BF2 assets or anywhere else.
- The planet screen for Galactic Conquest is messed up as a result of adding localization names for new planets into the shell. This also breaks functionality for starting new Galactic Conquest games, although you can load a saved game. It is highly recommended that you use stock shell.lvl for playing GC mode.
- You should also revert to the stock sound\shell.lvl when playing Galactic Conquest. This custom voiceover sound shell contains all of the stock campaign voiceovers and the new jet wars voiceovers, but does not contain any VOs for the metagame (Galactic Conquest), since there were far too many sound files which needed to be reconstructed for it.Tips and notes from the developers of JWC:
- To backup a stock LVL just rename it to something else other than what the game calls on. Example: mission.lvl -> missionSTOCK.lvl
- Play on Medium difficulty if you want the battles to be as balanced as possible, since this is the difficulty level each mission was tested on. Play on Hard if you want a challenge.
- New red button by Phobos on the campaign planet screen allows you to skip to the most recently unlocked level instead of having to scroll through them every time.
- Campaign credits can also be viewed in game.
- Jet Wars Era has not been developed yet because it would require a lot more work which doesn't seem to be worth it considering how small the SWBF1 multiplayer community is now that gamespy doesn't support SWBF1 anymore. We decided to only focus on implementing jet wars sides into a fun singleplayer campaign for now.
- Although the SWBF1 community is substantially smaller than it used to be, we still felt it was necessary to prove to those who doubted us that custom campaigns are actually possible, and that SWBF1 modding is still moving forward and discovering new possibilities. We hope you enjoy playing this mod as much as we enjoyed making it. If enough people like it, who knows, we may decide to release a JWC expansion pack in the future.A word from Phobos:
- This will be my last mod release on SWBFGamers until I see the community become more tolerant of radar and other mods used to enhance players' games. Any subsequent updates or bugfixes for this mod will be released by Arež.Acknowledgments:
- We first want to sincerely thank Psych0fred for his generous help, since none of this would have ever been possible if he hadn't shared the necessary modding resources.
- Thanks to everyone else who has helped Arež or Phobos with modding SWBF1.
- Lastly, a big thank you goes to Unit 33 for volunteering to do the voiceover briefings. They really add a nice touch to the campaign.Development Team Credits:
Phobos - Mission, Shell, Side, and Sound Modding
Arež - Core and Side Modding
Unit 33 - VoiceoversAdditional Credits:
Psych0fred - Mod Tools, LUA Scripts, and Various Assets
BattleBelk - Polis Massa: Medical Facility, Imp Builder, 010 Editor Scripts
Phobos - Cloud City Christmas Eve Skin (no snow), Various LVL Builders, Sharing Assets, Bug Testing Sides, providing feedback and answering questions Arež had while developing jet sides
Bamdur - Core LVL builder
SleepKiller - Coruscant: Jedi Temple, Blue Flame Jet FX, 5 Weapons Tutorial
Eddie - Dantooine: Dust
Kishan - Wampa Yeti Skin
Tom Kane and Nick Jamison - Original Campaign VoiceoversAll modifications found in the side LVLs are by Arež EXCEPT FOR:
- Sereja for ACP Array Gun, Bow, DT-12, Kitchen Knife, RT97c, Westar34, and Wunderwaffe Models
- CodeaRez for Hyper Sniper Rifle Model
- JabbaLovesLava and Delta_57_Slash for Disruptor Rifle Model
- Parhicida and Darh_Z for EE-3 Model
- DarthD.U.C.K. for Magnastaff Model
- KINETOSIMPETUS for Imperial Heavy Repeater Model
- Fett and Caleb1117 for Chaingun Model
- J-Dee for E11s blaster rifle Model
- Sky_216 for CIS shotgun Model
- Vyse for vibrosword Model
- Phobos for gungan/wampa/chistori side LVLs, flamethrower assets, purple ACP reskin, white DT skin, remote charge detonator assets, air skiff assets, hybrid weapon ODF and crosshair ideas
- Bamdur and Tirpider for Desann Model
- Tirpider for Jango Fett OTC Skin
- Cull/Keenmike - Rancorian Pharaoh and Lizard Mummy Wookiee Skins
- Visit SWBFGamers.com for more mods and news related to Star Wars Battlefront 1