Star Wars Battlefront 2 Steam special

Started by StoneCold, May 03, 2013, 07:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys,

Just a quick heads up, Steam currently has a special on all it's Star Wars catalog titles. I'm going to pick up SWBF2 and Republic Commando for $3.39 each  :tu:

I caught this earlier today. They decided to use the SWBF1 box art to promote the sale, which instantly raised my hopes up thinking that SWBF1 had come to Steam.
BUT NO :(

Woah that sounds like a great deal.
Derp.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 03, 2013, 08:18:55 AM
I caught this earlier today. They decided to use the SWBF1 box art to promote the sale, which instantly raised my hopes up thinking that SWBF1 had come to Steam.
BUT NO :(
i demand we file a formal lawsuit for obstructing justice!
Sweet find!

I would totally buy it if I could get more than 10 fps out of BF2 on this machine.

The 10 fps is a guess.  When I tried it, it was so choppy it was simply unplayable.  I suspect it's the ancient laptop grade, integrated video chipset.  Nvidia doesn't even admit it exists because it's one of those pc manufacturer hack jobs (thanks Sony.)

SWBF 1 runs nice though, and I like it better anyway.

In other steam news, I have managed to get Team Fortress 2 to run.  Everything is dialed down and it looks awful.
It looks like it would be a blast if it weren't for old hardware.

One day I will buy a new machine and be able to play modern-ish games ....  or not.  SWBF works and so does Minecraft (till they move to a higher opengl version), so I'm set. (Unless the Oddworld folks finally get another title together, then new hardware becomes a priority again.)