Turrets and sound

Started by MoonDeity, April 27, 2020, 11:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello. So none of the tutorials are working for me to get missing sound in my map, most of all the turrets. This map is quite anticipated and the turrets and thier sound are crucial to it, if the turrets actually fire they just dont make any sound, which puzzles me because I had a few turrets making sound and firing before after I adjust thier range in the odf. I feel like ive tried everything, luckily i backed up my world file. Can you please help me figure this out? I can give you huge credit on my map and I can even pay you for helping me. Im begging you.  :'(
"Im just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe"

Ok, a couple things:

• I don't have the answer to your problem, and if nobody answers, the answer is that they don't either.  The onus is on you to then look for or create a fix for your map.
  • Begging will not help here, and it is frowned upon here to offer money for mod support as well.
  • The debug logs are your best friend, and change the range back if you believe that is the issue.  I'm more inclined to believe it is memory related - too many turrets in your map, too many sounds in general, etc.  Especially because turret sounds are in the common and probably wouldn't have been edited.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Im sorry what are these forums for again? Yes thats right im on here because I havent already tried everything I can find and do. I just love begging people for help and looking desperate to move forward on this map. If I want to offer people some money for thier time than thats my business. I repair things for a living so I am the type of person to figure out how to solve issues but the reason im on here is ive thrown everything I know I can do at it without making any difference. Im sorry about your frowny face but I like to pull out all the stops. Thanks  :tu:

Quote from: MoonDeity on April 27, 2020, 02:05:03 PM
If I want to offer people some money for thier time than thats my business.

(Note that if you ask to pay someone here for mods, it becomes my business and that is not allowed here, sorry.)

You are free to ask for help, and our members are free to respond or not.  We are a friendly community and everyone tries to help everyone out.  If you do not get a response, it means no one here is able to help. 

SWBF and SWBF2 are great games and we are fortunate to have un-supported mod tools available from the publisher.  That said, many modders have come and gone--these days, mostly gone.

I encourage you to look through our tutorials sections and add to them as you figure things out.  There are no easy answers any more though--ask, try, read, search, try again is the modding way for SWBF.  Persistence is the key.  Sharing knowledge gained will help someone else in the future.

Good luck.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Sorry about that. I was taking desperate measures. Thank you!

and thats too bad about people being gone. Trying to keep it alive. People playing my mod and anticipating this map makes me happy