I'm Done. You are free to go.

Started by Ultimo, December 19, 2014, 05:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 19, 2014, 05:38:55 PM Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:42:08 PM by Ultimo
This isn't my parent's desicion.
This isn't society's desicion.
The past week has been a struggle for me, but I'm finally at a point where I realized the longer I continue to harm myself with all these games and stuff, I'm really not going to get anywhere I want to go. It's been fun, but even though I've had Battlefront for only 6 years and have been playing with you guys that long, I've had enough. I've explored every aspect of the game I needed to explore. I've tried my hand at everything I could- and managed to fail doing it.

It's not as fun to me as it used to be. And Battlefront isn't the only game I'm leaving behind- I'm selling nearly all the PC games I have. I'm putting my BoPC package up for sale, Battlefront 2, and bushels of others that aren't important to me.

I've got a career in Animation & Graphic Design I need to pursue. I look at myself now and realize that I can't pursue that life, the longer I push myself into pursuing what I have to give for Battlefront, and how the game will never give back to me.

For the past 2 or so years, I've been active at SWBFGamers, and loved the site and the community. But I've got to leave it behind. And I'm not waiting for the 10th Anniversary Events to leave, I'm leaving now. Waiting might only bring me back into the community.

I love the community, and I feel like you guys have given me so many opportunities that I could never pay back to you. I'm sorry I could never do this... But I will give the absolutely, utmost Thanks I have to offer.

A thank you to all the names on this list, you have made my journey these years wonderful... In no particular order, my utmost Thanks goes to

{Alpha} Kiwi
{Alpha} Shadow
{Alpha} Boom
{Alpha} Honzo
{Alpha} Val
{Alpha} GoldMan
{Alpha} Ross
{Alpha} Sam
{Alpha} Gamma
{Alpha} Altair
UCF Mike
TGM Kevin
TGM Dark
Shazam
Led
Phobos
Anyder
Joseph
Darman
Disciple
WGT Scout
Commander Awesome
Rep. Commando
Dark Phantom
212 Lando
TcF RC-54
French-Fryz
Whoever recruited me to TPR in my first year...
Unit 33
Birdo
Snake
Tirpider
Aeria.
Van Sting
GDH92
And many more names... I'm sorry I can't get all of them.

THANK YOU... ALL OF YOU. YOU HAVE MY UTMOST RESPECT FOREVER.
Thank you for supporting me.
Thank you for guiding me.
Thank you for giving me a chance.
You all have helped me somehow, even if you don't realize it.
I can't express how much I owe to all of you, but I can give you all the respect I have.

Thank you,
Neighbors,
Players,
Fellows,
Amigos,
Friends.

Thank you, all of you. Maybe I'll come back one day, but for now, I'll be pursuing the life I've always dreamt of having.

I'm sorry this is a LONG goodbye, but I can't express my Thanks.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

December 19, 2014, 06:30:05 PM #1 Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:31:58 PM by Shazam
Take care, Ultimo.

I hope you can find a good balance between working towards your career and enjoying hobbies in your free time.

It's been nice knowing you. Good luck pursuing your dreams!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I know how ya feel Ultimo. I know I too will have to make a decision at some point that will make or break my casual gaming. Until that day comes though, I will enjoy the times I have here.

Good luck in life Ultimo, perhaps someday we can reconnect in a few years time.

While I may never feel exactly how you feel (Because I hope to pursue a gaming career) I completely understand. As I have said in the past, and will continue to say: real life always comes first. Star Wars: Battlefront is a great game, and this is a great community, but it should never get in the way of your career, relationship, and/or family. Once I go to college, even if I go into game design, I will most likely have to give up modding and SWBF in general.

It was nice knowing you.

Good luck with your career and your life.

Farewell, Ultimo.

Darn...         I am really going to miss you around here. It was a lot of fun chatting with you online and playing against you. I do hope that you decide to check up on the site once and a while. I too wonder if I should quit gaming, it is a hard decision to make and I have major respect for anyone quitting gaming. Enjoy life out there in the real world.  :)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Farewell and may the forces of evil be confused on the way to your house. I had allot of fun on the forum games, with the people playing, including you. I'll probably go to college for animation and digital art. I highly suggest learning time management and staying (but if you feel the best thing to do is to stop, then stop).

Commander Awesome and anyone that is interested in game development, here are some books that are good overviews of game development and jobs in the game industry. Going to college for something that is more specific (once you've made your choice on specifically what you want to do) than game design (like digital art or programming...) might be safer (because digital art or programming can be used for other careers as well).

-How to Become a Video Game Artist: The Insider's Guide to Landing a Job in the Gaming World by Sam R. Kennedy

-Game Development Essentials: An Introduction by Jeannie Novak

Take care, have a good one. 

Stop by and say hi after a while if you want  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Good journey, Ultimo.
I see you bringing a lot of creative energy to your future endeavors.

Cheerio Ultimo!
I hope you succeed with your creative endeavours!

Goodbye ultimo. Good luck in your life and everything. :cheers:
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Good luck with life in the real world.:)
Shame you have to go but you have good reasons. Don't sell too much unless you have to, maybe when you finish education you might want to come back and play these games, everyone says school days are the best of your life but you get a lot more freedom when you finish and get a job you enjoy then you can do what you like in your spare time. Mostly. ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Oh, lucky me, I have a hard time letting go of things. ::)

Thanks for all of the goodbye wishes! A lot of you have convinced me on keeping Battlefront 1 & 2 around, but I'm putting them up so I don't get involved with it again for awhile.

I'm going to continue to move on with what I'm doing. I just have a rough time letting go. Thank you, all of you, again for your support, encouragement, kindness... I may not know any of you for real, but it truly does mean a lot. :'(

Thank you again for all the goodbye wishes! I'll pop in Battlefront eventually and play 'round with all of you! Best of luck to all of you as well, and I'll see you when the frontlines come calling my name once again! Bye! :bye:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I'll miss you Ultimo, good luck with your life!
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Heads Up! Since I continue to get bored, I decided I might pop into the site every so often. Although, I still haven't popped SWBF into my computer or anyone else's in over a month. I'm breaking the habit! See yall 'round!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper