Original WIP Topic

Started by jdee-barc, June 22, 2012, 07:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So the Modified maps for CAmpaign are as follows:

[spoiler]Battle of Naboo: Will make custom Naboo Plains
Battle of Theed: Use edited, shipped, theed
Aggressive Negotiations: Takes place on Alaris Prime instead of Kashyyyk. CIS and Trandoshans vs. Wookiees and some Jedi
Battle of Geonosis: Gogo12's custom Geonosis Spires mod.
"Boarded". replacing Kamino mission, Using the Venator map. Right as CLones are departing from Kamino after small tangle with droids, several CIS ships intercept the Venator and land inside. Its an intense hangar battle.
Mountaintop Defenses: Use custom Rhen Var
Battle of Kashyyyk: Use edited, shipped Kashyyyk

Campaign Part 2
Desert Extermination: custom Dune Sea-esque map, Except it's just Empire vs. Tuskens
Siege of Mos Eisley: Custom Mos Eisley map
Sabotage at Rhen Var: Edited, stock Citadel map
Assault on Yavin IV: Custom Yavin map
Fall of Yavin IV: second Custom Yavin map
Escape from Hoth: Custom hoth map
Liberation of Cloud City: make a simple Cloud City map
Battle in the Clouds: use custom Platforms map
Battle of Endor: edited stock Endor map[/spoiler]

Screenshots of Alaris Prime (not in campaign mode), there's a huge swath of empty space (with foliage and water) where I'm gonna add a small village
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Who is that in the first screenshot? I've never seen that model.
Your stuff looks amazing (as usual).

So you are using the Venator map? If that's SK's that doesn't work on macs sooo...

And what is Gogo12's custom spire map?

July 25, 2012, 04:52:59 PM #33 Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 04:54:44 PM by jdee-barc
Quote from: Regent on July 25, 2012, 02:01:34 PM
Who is that in the first screenshot? I've never seen that model.
Your stuff looks amazing (as usual).

That's a Rebel Vanguard, using a recolored version of Culvar's Halo UNSC Marine for SWBF.
I like unique models.
[spoiler] *ba-dum tss*[/spoiler]

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 25, 2012, 02:04:27 PM
So you are using the Venator map? If that's SK's that doesn't work on macs sooo...

And what is Gogo12's custom spire map?

1. Its my own venator maps, two different maps actually, one that covers the whole venator, and one campaign-specific one that consists of a single large hangar.

2. I'll put up screens of the map. It's a map he put together for me when he was working on the mod with me (as official mapmaker). He's since decided to do his own projects (after making a good deal of maps) and I've since taught myself to learn how to map. Its really just spires, extended a bit with new Cps, more Techno-union ships, Lucrehulk ships in their giant pits like in AOtC, more vehicles. I"m working on adding some more new things.
Current Projects:

Oh! Well that's good! I've always wanted to try SK's venator map, But yours will be different!! Can't wait!
The spire map sounds cool!

July 27, 2012, 10:42:21 AM #35 Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:18:52 AM by jdee-barc
Venator Map: Credits to EvileJedi for the Enormous Venator model that makes up the map.

In my last edit of the map, I did the following
-Edited sky/lighting (so now the Venator is floating in space near a moon
-Added more destructable CP's
-Made it so Galen Marek can actually spawn in his single hangar.

What I'm doing now:
Separating the wld file into 3 layers in Zero edit, to test Sleepkiller's thing about loading separate layers.
Layers:
[Base]: Contains Venator object
CW: Contains Venator, Underbelly Hangar Spawnpoint for Clones, and CIS Spawnpoints (4 Sheathipede Shuttles, 2 static MAFs)
GCW: Contains Venator, Underbelly hangar Spawnpoint for Galen Marek, Spawnpoints in other hangar, and top section for miltia/rebels, Gunship vehiclespawn for militia/rebels, Sentinel-Class Shuttle cps for Empire.

Current Projects:

Update: 41st Legion on Kashyyyk. Ican't decide if I like the skin or not. Also, I enabled specular for the clone models, working on the stormtroopers and some militia/rebels. Also might do it for some props and vehicles.

A New unit on Jabba's Palace striking down a stormtrooper.

More updates to come.
Current Projects:

Updates: New Ground vehicles for the Militia and Empire. Credits to I think Warlord28.

Instead of an IFT-T, the Empire gets a Firehawke tank
Seats: Pilot, Main Gunner
Weapons: Laser Cannon (Pilot), Particle Cannon (Pilot), Mortar Turret (Gunner)
Screenshot:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Instead of the Rebel Combat Speeder (not my favorite vehicle), The Militia gets a T1-B Hovertank
Seats: Pilot, Main Gunner, 3 Passengers
Weapons: Flak Gun (Pilot), Heavy Laser Cannon Turret (Gunner)
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Current Projects:

Nice tanks... strange, but I never founded them, in any assets...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

AceMastermind had a copy of them up for download somewhere...I can't remember where though.
Current Projects:

August 20, 2012, 08:42:56 PM #41 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:19:27 PM by jdee-barc
Images of the Yavin IV map in zeroedit.

The outpost
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The decrepit old bridge and the canyon entrance
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The oasis
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The remains of a compound of a temple
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The fountain
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Still to do: Add more trees and some more props
add turrets (the really tall yavin ones),
Add vehicle spawns,
put cps in their right places
add spawnpaths, plans, and barriers.
munge

Next up: A large revision to the imp sides!
Current Projects:

As always this looks pretty epic! I never got to try out the old one so I can't wait to try this one!  :cheers:

i guess there is only one word to describe this mod............................awesome!
Favorite word:
Awesome!
Wahnsinn!
Impresionante!
отлично!
Toppen!
Magnifique!
!מדהים
酷毙了!
Przerażające!

While I'm trying to fix the revisions to the sides, here's a preview of some new clones that make an appearance on Rhen Var and Mygeeto: The Galactic Marines. They have slightly different weapons (just minor differences) than the normal clones, and a slightly faster walking speed.

The Trooper
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Heavy Weapons Guy: If I can figure out how to do it right, this guy will be a bit taller/bigger than the rest of their teammates
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Engineer:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The Sniper:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Also, I've changed a few weapons

Sniper Rifles. [spoiler]Before, they were all one hit kill, and fully automatic.
Now:
Republic and Empire: EM-5 and EM-5b Sniper Rifles: 7 rounds per clip, mobility is limited when zooming in. Charge rifle up to increase damage, velocity, and range of lasers. Charge to 100% to shoot a beam or high-powered sniper laser that can take down flying vehicles.

Rebels: X-45 Sniper Rifle: 10 rounds per clip, You can move while zoomed in, instant kill, minimal damage to vehicles

CIS: E-5 Sniper Rifle: Basically a Blaster Rifle with a scope. Bullets travel twice faster, do about 25% more damage (headshot=1 hit kill), and a volley of shots can do serious damage to a vehicle.[/spoiler]

More updates on the sides coming soon.

Current Projects: