ALIENS vs Star Wars

Started by Napseeker, October 30, 2022, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 30, 2022, 11:31:05 AM Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 09:51:31 PM by Napseeker
A few years ago (pre-pandemic!) I had an idea that for an ALIENS game that would take place within the SWBF1 universe.

The storyline would be that in The Empire Strikes Back, as the Falcon quickly departs the mouth of the slug, a few facehuggers happened to hitch a ride in various nooks and crannies around the hull of the ship. When the Falcon lands on Bespin, the facehuggers infest Cloud City and quickly a xenomorph outbreak happens.  Vader and his Stormtroopers were waiting on Bespin for the Falcon, but little did they expect that a greater concern would hit them beyond capturing Luke, and now both the Imperials and Bespin Security forces must join together to fight off the hordes of Xenomorphs!

The ALIENS vs StarWars map would include both the Bespin Platforms and Cloud City standard maps (with some alterations by me to make it a bit more spooky), recreations of various weapons from the ALIENS movie (Pulse Rifle, Smart gun, flamethrower, etc) and some music and sounds. It's meant to be played single-player Instant Action (not sure how it would work as a multiplayer, probably not very balanced at all).  And of course you'd get the chance to play as Ripley, Bishop, a "Bespin Marine", the Ice Creammaker Guy (Wilrow Hood). You will also spot cameos from corporate weasel Carter Burke.  There are also new Bespin-specific units in the map like Lobot, old smoothie Lando, and the Twin Pod Car pilot.

I actually finished 90% of the planned map before the pandemic happened but then just got super-busy and lazy about completing the final bits and fixing some of the bugs. I don't know if I'll ever get around to working on those last bits, but I finally decided just to put out what I did finish so others in the community (if anyone even still plays SWBF1) can enjoy it for Halloween.

UPDATE: Happy Halloween 2022!  I've uploaded the maps to Mega.nz since the file size exceeds the usual 64mb limit on SWBFGamers:
https://mega.nz/file/yZAwRYZZ#xDeK-fa5bYN1whWqYtwoSejJuQpqPmCAf-RJ47HjQSE

Try it out and let me know if there are any problems!

Here are some screenshots of my AvS map:

October 30, 2022, 11:32:02 AM #1 Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 09:48:44 PM by Napseeker
And some more screenshots

Okay, now who needs a hug?  Anybody?  Well you're going to get a hug whether you want it or not!

Drop something heavy on those Xenomorphs and squash em like the bugs that they are...

October 30, 2022, 11:33:08 AM #2 Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 09:47:45 PM by Napseeker
The ALIENS can attack you using long-range acid spit...

October 30, 2022, 11:34:27 AM #3 Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 09:47:01 PM by Napseeker
The Predator is in the game, not intended to be played by humans though. It was tough making his weapons (his laser targeting thing doesn't work the way I'd hoped due to limitations with the game engine)

Here's a shot of the Chestburster as it slides around on the ground looking for its next victim

The ALIENS have killed all the humans and are celebrating by forming a conga line!

I hope everyone has a BLOODY good time playing the map!

Welcome back! Intriguing to see where this will go, it's looking very good so far!
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Somehow Napseeker returned...
Great to have you back, and this is looking extremely groovy!

local link:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1619

I played Cloud City and had a ton of fun, can't wait to try the rest!  Thanks Napseeker!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Thanks guys and I hope it offers some good time-wasting fun!

@Giftheck: I consider myself the groundhog of modders... every few years popping my head up from beneath the grass to see the lay of the land, drop off a map, and then go back into hibernation  :rofl:

November 12, 2022, 06:04:30 PM #8 Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 06:12:28 PM by Triops
Thanks for the nice alienconversion and other units. Nice to see you are back :moo: