SWBF1 & SWBF2 Sound Build Env

Started by BAD_AL, May 22, 2021, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

https://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/downloads/swbf1-swbf2-soundenv-for-modders#downloadsform

After playing around with Phantom's Sound Extractor (and adding more file names to the hash look up table) I realized that we could pretty much re-create the whole sound build environment for BF1 & BF2.
I got to create a few new tools along the way and wrote a program that ended up generating the largest batch file I've ever encountered (7MB+) to do the PCM16 wav conversions for the extracted files.
The end result is ~3.74 GB Download of all the streams and sound effects used in SWBF1 & SWBF2 (in PCM16 wav format). It's actually super fun to listen to them all.

Super Props to Phantom for the extractor tool and helping out getting me a few files that the tool failed to extract correctly.
Super props to my buddy marler8997 for writing the audio deinterlacer program that separated the quadraphonic (.st4) sound files.

so we can essentially change the voice files and music now? :D
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

yes, but we've discovered some issues in the files.
Consider this one a 'beta'.
We'll update the download ones we have all the known issues addressed.

************************ Updated 3 July 2021 **************************
Fixed bug in sound effect extract tool, re-extracted sound files.

BF1 Sound files were previously PC only. The .sfx files in this release have been updated to include support for xbox and ps2.
Munged XBOX sound files confirmed to work. :tu:
Munged PS2 files remains untested.

Awesome work all 4 bespin missions work on xbox. geonosis doesent work but only because the resample rates are wrong i believe changing just the vehicle resample rates would fix it, since it munges the actual sounds. This makes cross era so much easier and i thank you for that.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh