Minecraft Server Type

Started by khy, January 08, 2011, 05:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I thought i should make a topic for this because we may be getting a server, and we should decide what kind it should be.
Basically, there are three main types of servers.
Survival
Build
Role-Playing.

I hate Build, and that's what gre3n's has turned into (you can spawn things, etc) which is why i wont be as active on that as usual.

Survival is sort of like you have to survive against waves of monsters, and its still not as good as it will be in the final mode, but its kinda like a horde style mode.

Then there's role playing.
Recently ive been looking for a new server, and i found this one where you have to sign up on the site to get builders access, and then find a space to build. Right now they have an amazing town, and people have jobs (bankers, traders, guards, etc)
There's even an in-town train system (minecarts) that provide fast travel through the huge town they have.
There is only spawning for wood tools when you first join.
Ive really been enjoying it, and i think that's what the MPC one should be like, since we're already a good community, and we can show it through a role-playing server with our own town, rules, train system, etc.
A few other things to note about the system... There is mobs a while outside of the town, that you can fight for supplies (things from the nether that you cant get, etc, which are good for trading) and there is also a quest master.
The quest master is temporarily down they said, so im not sure how it works, but it sounds awesome.

So what do you guys think?

i really like the idea of Role playing minecraft servers, me an epifire were talking about a RPG-like hl2 mod, in fact. Not sure how we could get the map scalability down though.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I'm down for this idea. However, we won't be able to get a Minecraft server until this weekend at the ABSOLUTE earliest.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

if we get a MPC minecraft server ill get myself a minecraft account. (tf2 is on me khyler)

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

I'm also in for a RPG type server
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time