new update breaks mod map compatibility

Started by wsa30h, May 01, 2020, 10:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
the new update seems to break mod maps any one know a fix ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Don't use the steam version.  That should work  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I just started a random map (deathstar) and it worked.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

it seems it just most of my maps but they worked fine before the update and still do on 1.2
-- bf1 tcw battles

I haven't tested many maps yet, but they seem fine for me. What doesn't work is the Free Camera Common.lvl. It was removed when the update went through, and I just tried re-adding it again, but it causes you to get shown a "Press Start To Begin" message instead of the list of user profiles, and I can't get past that point.

That would really suck if I couldn't use Free Camera on the Steam version, especially since now it seems to have fixed the issue where the game spazzes out at higher resolutions (I was having to run it at low res levels to keep it from breaking), and also I like having the Steam version so I don't have to plug in a noisy external disk drive (neither of my PCs have disk drives).

I have heard you can still swap out with our SWBFspy exe and freecam should still work, just no online then.
The statistics should be the same.  I can confirm that Fake Console works the same as before, but freecam being broken sucks.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on May 04, 2020, 12:09:39 PM
I have heard you can still swap out with our SWBFspy exe and freecam should still work, just no online then.
The statistics should be the same.  I can confirm that Fake Console works the same as before, but freecam being broken sucks.

I tried downloading and installing SWBFspy and it didn't work, caused it to go blackscreen after attempting to load.

Also, I got this error when attempting to run SPTest:

Message Severity: 3
D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\LuaScript.cpp(1951)
error: attempt to call global `ScriptCB_GetStringWidth' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
   1:  function `CreateNegativeButton' [(none)]
   2:  function `NewIFShellScreen_common' [(none)]
   3:  function `NewIFShellScreen' [(none)]
   4:  main of (none)
   5:  function `ScriptCB_DoFile' [C]
   6:  main of (none)

sp test exe is broken as well
-- bf1 tcw battles

You are going to need the shell.lvl and possibly the common.lvl from the 1.2 version as well.
They added lua callbacks that don't exist in 1.2 which cause issues.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

thanks i already have them. my steam version is now on 1.2 and i made a backup just in case it updates.
-- bf1 tcw battles