Going to start modding...

Started by (Wusi)Trooper X, April 28, 2015, 05:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello fellow SWBF Gamers and I am proud to say I want to start modding SWBF and start of by creating a map or two. But before I start running off and downloading the tools and programs, I was wondering if I need any patches for the mod tools, so that it may run with Windows 8? So my question for you all is: Are there any patches or extra steps I may need to do to run the mod tools with Windows 8? Thanks for the help and I cant wait to get started!

Here are my computer specs:
Processor: AMD Fx-4300 Quad Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Ram 8.00 GB
System: Type 64-bit

P.S.: Here's a list of my computer specs, if you see anything that may need a patch or extra steps to run the mod tools, feel free to leave a comment to.
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

From what I understand, the 64-bit fix should work on windows 8/8.1  with the exception of Soundmunge.

The 64 bit fix is included in the updated modtools that I have uploaded with patches.

That said, if you can run a virtualized windows XP, then I think you will have the best experience.  I run XP mode on windows 7 professional but I think there is also a way to run it on windows 8.

:cheers:

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It's always good to have more modders around!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: (Wusi)Trooper X on April 28, 2015, 05:56:51 AM
Hello fellow SWBF Gamers and I am proud to say I want to start modding SWBF and start of by creating a map or two. But before I start running off and downloading the tools and programs, I was wondering if I need any patches for the mod tools, so that it may run with Windows 8? So my question for you all is: Are there any patches or extra steps I may need to do to run the mod tools with Windows 8? Thanks for the help and I cant wait to get started!

Here are my computer specs:
Processor: AMD Fx-4300 Quad Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Ram 8.00 GB
System: Type 64-bit

P.S.: Here's a list of my computer specs, if you see anything that may need a patch or extra steps to run the mod tools, feel free to leave a comment to.

If you ever feel like getting into some light model/mesh work for buildings in a map, feel free the message me about it. Most mappers just rely on stock assets but even just a little bit of workable modeling knowledge can go a long way.
photobucket limit image removed

Yeah, same goes for me. I'm a bit busy these days but if you need any help just ask!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Thanks every one for your help and your advice! I hope to start modding in a day or two and if I have any questions all post and Pm!
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"