[WIP][Beta] Expanded Galaxy Project [KotOR1&2]

Started by Thor110, January 12, 2019, 06:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
A little while back I signed up here and started plans for a mod for Battlefront 2, I ended up unable to access my computer for a little while and had to set the project aside.

I recently started a different project for both KotOR games and thought I would drop a link here.

https://deadlystream.com/topic/6851-wipbeta-expanded-galaxy-project-k1-k2/

Being that I am learning to work with the KotOR maps again, I hope to pick the Battlefront 2 project back up, the idea was to add all of the maps from both KotOR games to BF2 for the Old Republic Era mods.

But I doubt I will start working on this project again anytime soon.

Take a look, check out all of the links, videos, screenshots, tutorials and more, leave a comment, let me know your thoughts, please review it if you try it out and give me credit if you make use of the modders resource version.

Thor110
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" - Gray Fox

Really like the idea of the Expanded Galaxy Project, I've already checked out the ported models, and they're great! Never really tried, but I might try filling some of those modules with my own content just to experiment.

Feel free, the first release v0_2_5 is a [MOD RESOURCE] for people to use to make mods, I am also writing tutorials covering everything I learn during the Expanded Galaxy Project.

I am nearly ready for a new release v0_3_0 for both mods / games, all I need to do is add the relevant planets to the galaxy map, beyond that all music, sound, doors and level transitions are fixed ( some transitions without doors may still not work ) I have also removed any maps, models or textures that I will not be needing, some levels will be removed due to not being story relevant such as the Star Forge in K2.

More information on the deadlystream topic and moddb pages.

I look forward to seeing what other people make from this as well, I am writing my tutorials to teach people how to make entirely new levels out of existing pieces in both games.

Thor110
"A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal!" - Gray Fox