Hyperion: Ancient Excavations (Zombies)

Started by Snake, April 22, 2013, 04:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Phobos on April 23, 2013, 12:41:38 AM
Downloaded and will post a review by this weekend. Looks epic based on the screenshots and description.

Awesome, thanks Phobos!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

This is a brilliant map and one of the best I've ever played. I played it about 20 times after downloading it. The story mode is extremely hard and I still can't survive on hard difficulty (not using tanks or hiding). The AI zombie pathing is really well done; they chase you, avoid grenades and I still haven't seen one get stuck.
The hidden bonuses are good fun too (the chairs made me laugh), it's nice to have the ships aswell so you can see the whole map and I'm still finding more.
I also like the skins, weapons and the variety of areas you can play in.  :cheers:
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

April 23, 2013, 12:10:22 PM #17 Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:15:34 PM by Snake
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on April 23, 2013, 11:39:19 AM
This is a brilliant map and one of the best I've ever played. I played it about 20 times after downloading it. The story mode is extremely hard and I still can't survive on hard difficulty (not using tanks or hiding). The AI zombie pathing is really well done; they chase you, avoid grenades and I still haven't seen one get stuck.
The hidden bonuses are good fun too (the chairs made me laugh), it's nice to have the ships aswell so you can see the whole map and I'm still finding more.
I also like the skins, weapons and the variety of areas you can play in.  :cheers:

I'm glad you liked it! I put the most work into this map than any before it, so I'm glad it turned out good.
--
Not sure if anyone has figured this out yet, but the two modes have different vehicles.
--
Also, I added an easter egg to the list. See if you can find it! (I highly doubt anyone will)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The map, is very impressive, and nice maded. I feel, the realy hard work here... Interesting, how many time, takes placing all those mushrooms? :D
Everything, terraine, textures, props, and light, keeps in main style and wery detalized. Seems I spent lot of time, to read "Zombie Propaganda" posters :P.
By the way, I like, how you make my Wanderwaffe works. :tu:

Weird, but I found some area, probably, maded for some other map, and it's represent some race circuit... :blink:
There is a bicycles for GCW, and speederbikes for CW, so, perhaps you planing another map ;)...

Bugs & issues review:
[spoiler]
1. Seems, you forget, to put lamp texture tga, for my Wanderwaffe!  :o
2. 1st views, are totaly stock :confused:.
3. Zombie melee weapon, has lightseber sound...
4. Minimap, is cud be very handy ;).
5. Gameplay: there is exist high "meditation" factor, for both teams in GCW. So, close to the end of the game, AI abandon fights, and start "meditate".
Unfortunately CW, is, very hard to win (if it's possible at all), so, all fun, ends too fast :(.
[/spoiler]
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Very nice, the zombies acutally chased me, but I've only played it twice so I haven't tried out all the classes or places yet. Also I wasn't aware that there were ships lol. The only problem for me is that one trooper kept going back to low res :( , I think that's what it is called. This would go weell in the map pack :D

It appears the update has removed some of the other posts we made.

Anyways, loved the map, my only bug I found was that there was always 1 zombie stuck in the ramp somehow. I still have yet to put my freecam common in to see how or where it happened.

Haha, thats weird.. Oh well, so much for those posts. Alright, I don't remember this ever happening in testing but I'll play it through a couple of times to see.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

May 05, 2013, 08:51:31 AM #22 Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 08:53:39 AM by Phobos
Good map 9/10 for design only flaw is the zombies hub camping of north base. Also seems kind of easy to win in GCW. Enjoyable replay value and the level of detail on posters stands out so nice work.

Thanks Phobos! Glad you liked it.  :happy:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Oh and a huge plus for adding CCSC compatibility for changing the sky texture  :D.

Nice map design and sides. I love the stick/flower guy. He's hilarious!