[SWVF1] Thule mod map

Started by Drakov64, February 28, 2022, 09:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everybody.

Just here to ask for a mod map based on Thule, from the original Star Wars The Clone Wars video game. Using the same assets for environment and adding new ships like Cydon Prax's Dreadnought, Protodekas and new turrets (from the original game) to defend landing areas.
It could be a rather huge map. Or not, just depends.

I know Sereja did a great work on his Umbara map when it comes to the environment, ambiance, sounds etc, I don't know if anybody may do the same for Thule, which in my opinion is very underrated through the Star Wars franchise.

Majin Revan made a Thule Moon map back in 2009 http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=141 If you're unsatisfied with it, you could do what I did and start making the maps that we want to make. I had some cool ideas for maps I was hoping other people would make, but when I started learning how to do it on my own with the help of all the posts on here and other websites I now am self-reliant in that regard and understand what it's like to be a mapper.

As for Sereja, he's a Ukrainian man. I am wishing him the best of luck right now and hope we won't lose him considering the situation he's in.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

Quote from: KommissarReb on February 28, 2022, 10:56:00 AMMajin Revan made a Thule Moon map back in 2009 http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=141 If you're unsatisfied with it, you could do what I did and start making the maps that we want to make. I had some cool ideas for maps I was hoping other people would make, but when I started learning how to do it on my own with the help of all the posts on here and other websites I now am self-reliant in that regard and understand what it's like to be a mapper.

As for Sereja, he's a Ukrainian man. I am wishing him the best of luck right now and hope we won't lose him considering the situation he's in.

True, true. But it's not a simple map I wanted to do, there are many very good mappers out there but Sereja is a gifted one. I was astonished by his Raxus Prime one, he perfectly knows the original level he based his map on, and every map he's made is a master piece by itself. I can make a map, not a masterpiece with so many custom assets and sounds, it's not just mapping at this level, it's redevelopping the whole game ^^

Also, didn't know he's Ukrainian. Pretty sure he'll make it, juste hope he was not too close to the border (guess if it was the case he moved to the western border. I hope so)

KommissarReb hit the nail on the head right there. Maps are not easy to make and the sort of map you're after is not likely to be made by somebody else unless they want to do it. As I also learned, if you want to have a specific map and nobody else is making it/has already made it, the best thing to do is learn the tools.

A few years back I couldn't make maps at all, but within the past year, I have made four maps and am currently working on a few new maps here and there. Each successive map has been different: my first map depended largely on Scarif assets made by Gogie with a few of my own, but my most recent map, The Invisible Hand, has basically been made with almost entirely new assets. Once you get to know the tools really well, it becomes easier.

It might not be the answer you want to hear, but it is what it is.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

I second Giftheck's comment. Learning the tools is the best way.

Also, best of luck to Sereja. Hope he's okay