SWBF War - Week 1- Battle for Rhen Var

Started by Breakdown, November 01, 2010, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 01, 2010, 11:01:03 AM Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:18:18 PM by Breakdown
Alright!

This is week one for the SWBF War. From a draw from a hat, the map chosen for battle is RHEN VAR.

Info:

Maps to be played: Citadel, Harbour

Current Planet Status: Neutral

Rules
- No glitching
- No switching sides
- No whining
- No negativity towards server ("LAG!")
- No TKing
- Have fun

Server Host: Led/Buckler

Match time: 8EST Saturday the 6th

Players able to make it: (will be asked when time is decided)

Serverf Set Up Info
-32 player slots
- No bots
- 4 second spawn invisibility

Let's hope we can find a host!

Quote from: Breakdown on November 01, 2010, 11:01:03 AM
- 4 second spawn invisibility
at first I was like  ??? then I was like :blink: and then I was like :ph34r:

:tu:

Can we play it with no spawn invincibility? There will 110% be people who spawn and get hit with 4 rockets or so, and then finally die with everyone spawn killing.

Quote from: Jamman on November 01, 2010, 01:49:24 PM
Can we play it with no spawn invincibility? There will 110% be people who spawn and get hit with 4 rockets or so, and then finally die with everyone spawn killing.

In reality the spawn invincibility will help out in the long run with complaints. I have a feeling if people just constantly mine down and nade a CP, people will begin to complain a lot.

So this is a rebels vs empire battle right?
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

No spawn invincibility please... Everything about this war is perfect except spawn invincibility. If you really are adamant about it could we put it to a vote or something because personally spawn invincibility ruins the game for me more than being spawn killed :P

Would it be ebtter if I reduced the time down to like 1 or 2 seconds? this is just to prevent spawn killing with mines, which imo, is sort of unfair.

a second's good, if you give people too much time they'll be invincible to people shooting at them while they both have shots
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I guess we could compromise at 1 second for mines :| but if you do once they land on it they will be flown off and will be easy pickings so theres not much of a chance that the 1 second will help them ;)

Quote from: cG' Puma on November 01, 2010, 04:20:36 PM
I guess we could compromise at 1 second for mines :| but if you do once they land on it they will be flown off and will be easy pickings so theres not much of a chance that the 1 second will help them ;)

Yeah I know. :P But at least it gives you a bit more of a chance if someone leaves a mine at a CP and leaves it unguarded.

i think spawn invincibility is a bad idea. Just ban spawn mining.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Spawn mining should be allowed. If you take the time remember the spawns, then you deserve the kills imo.

Quote from: Master Zen on November 01, 2010, 05:25:22 PM
Spawn mining should be allowed. If you take the time remember the spawns, then you deserve the kills imo.
I don't think their should be spawn mining, it's a cheap method to keep yourself safe. You could get 3 rockets and rush the CP and start laying mines everywhere. I've seen this happen before and, trust me, it's no fun for ANYBODY. People will leave if they start to think that it is getting ridiculous that they can't spawn without getting blown to hell and back in the first 3 seconds.
My opinion on the spawn invincibility is one second also. Any more than that and they get advantage shots over their opponents. But, and I'm just saying this because of reality, in the heat of battle, people will start REACTING to people that suddenly spawn instead of THINKING before they shoot lol. Just saying. When is the match going to be and who will be the host? Will we play both maps one after the other or will they be on separate dates? Thanks,

~(501st)Ldr.Gree
You can run, but you'll die tired.

The determination has been made that there will be one second of spawn protection time on the server. That is the final verdict for this match.

The match time and host has not been determined as of yet. I believe the maps will be played one after another.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

If TK is on, spawn mining with invincibility presents no advangtages to the miner.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet