Having trouble hosting a dedicated SWBF2 server

Started by Perondas, May 31, 2022, 09:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,

I am trying to host a SWBF server for a couple friends of mine. We have used the usual in game method of hosting a game trough SWBFspy, simply by using the MP menu.
This did work, however things like the host alt-tabbing would crash the server, and in general we'd like to use a dedicated machine.

I looked up a couple of threads on this forum and found these:

I followed the instructions, opened port 3658 TCP/UDP on both my computer and my router.
However the server never showed up in the server browser.

I attempted to direct connect using the console command and 127.0.0.1 but no luck.

Launhcing the server directly, so not using the web interface, also lead to nothing.
I would really appreciate some help.

Quote from: Perondas on May 31, 2022, 09:14:44 AMHi,

I am trying to host a SWBF server for a couple friends of mine. We have used the usual in game method of hosting a game trough SWBFspy, simply by using the MP menu.
This did work, however things like the host alt-tabbing would crash the server, and in general we'd like to use a dedicated machine.

I looked up a couple of threads on this forum and found these:

I followed the instructions, opened port 3658 TCP/UDP on both my computer and my router.
However the server never showed up in the server browser.

You need to be sure to forward the port from the router to the server computer IP address.  And it is more than just 3658.

What router do you have?

This guide should also work for SWBF2:  http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=1375.0

If you still have trouble, let's get on discord and we will go through it step by step.  (first we will just make sure the server shows up in the server listing, then worry about hosting and playing later).
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet