Ty294 Map & Mod Upcoming Release Thread

Started by Ty294, April 25, 2022, 10:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 25, 2022, 10:31:14 AM Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 03:03:58 AM by Led
Creating this as a general purpose thread to announce/draw attention to projects I'm working on or that are being released soon or have been released. Figured since I don't do any huge projects, one thread should suffice for everything.

Anyway, starting off by announcing the release of Ranen: Lava Fields (1.0). It's out for download on Gamefront currently, and eventually I plan to get it released on ModDB as a backup.

local link:  http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1622

I know I said my next project would be for BF2... but frankly trying to convert Ranen: Platforms over just killed my interest in modding in general for a time. I only got back to it after I abandoned that endeavor and started working on new projects for BF1 again. Anyway, description below:

QuoteSo after many years, we finally have the 1.0 release of Ranen: Lava Fields. The one that I released over a decade ago was listed as a BETA, because I failed to polish it with things like an Instant Action preview video and a half-way decent minimap. I basically didn't touch that map much after that release, and like everything modding related, I left it on the shelf for nearly a decade during my hiatus. Now here I am, back again, and with a truly complete version.

This new version keeps the same general layout of the old map, but with a more detailed terrain, more objects, vastly improved textures, and a new skybox and atmospheric effects (as seen in my recently released Ranen: Platforms 4.0). I also added some new vehicles, such as the Rebel Hovernaut and the BF2 Hovertank, as well as an Imperial AAT, and the Republic AT-XT. I also reskinned some of the vehicles I had in the old map, so the Rebels can still roll around in an IFT Fightertank and an AT-TE. There are also some new units, with Pysch0fred's Bothan Spy highlighting the Rebel faction, the Empire retaining the Imperial Officer and also getting a JKO/JKA-themed Stormtrooper Officer, the Republic getting the Clone Commander, and the CIS getting a rework of the SBD (which is typical of my old maps, but I've revised it yet again). Also, my Gamma Force side is present on the map as an unplayable ally to the Empire, and a group of Jedi likewise will aid the Republic side. With both the units and the vehicles, I tried to keep things fairly vanilla-friendly, and was actually hoping to restore cut content as much as possible, though with only partial success. I did end up creating some things that I ended up cutting out of this map, but which I hope to maybe include in future ones.

I want to give a very special thanks to Ginev, who created the lava fields and the bridges that I used in this map. He also converted the Jedi Outcast weapon models I used and provided miscellaneous help on a bunch of other things. His time is very much appreciated! Shout out to you, my friend!

Screenshots:

Hello!

Looks good to me, congrats!
I just approved the download here, but if you want, upload it to the forums and if file is too large, let us know to upload it ourselves and link it to the DL.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on April 26, 2022, 02:12:25 PMHello!

Looks good to me, congrats!
I just approved the download here, but if you want, upload it to the forums and if file is too large, let us know to upload it ourselves and link it to the DL.

Thanks! And yeah, the file had been just slightly too large to upload directly, which was why my submission was just a URL instead. Main reason I did that instead of directly approaching someone in DM about it was because I just wanted to make sure the upload info was setup how I wanted it formatted and such, because I'm borderline OCD about stuff like that. lol

Anyway, that said, now that the submission is out there, if you'd like to replace the URL linkout with a direct upload here, that's all good with me! Having the download available in multiple places is never a bad thing.  :tu:

Pending authentication, Naboo: Crisis (2.0):

This is not a new map, but rather an addon-version of a sides mod for Naboo: Theed. Originally I had made an actual mod version of this back in the day, but since mods are a pain to install and uninstall, I instead have it as an addon map. The Clone Wars Era can be selected in order to play the original SP Campaign map, but with both sides now selectable. The Galactic Civil War Era features a completed Naboo Guard side.

Also, just a preview of some skins I have made for units to be featured in upcoming maps:

Bespin Wing Guard

Snow Scout Trooper (if anyone is interested, I'd like to try and make a version with the Snowtrooper skirt thing on this unit, tried to make it work with tirpider's msh editor, but it was no-dice in-game)

Clone Minelayer (credits to tirpider for his awesome msh editing tool! And also I think to Sereja for the isolated rebel engineer backpack)

man these models are amazing would you be willing to share ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

I'll definitely release the Wing Guard and Snow Scout in asset releases at some point. Haven't decided on the Minelayer yet.

I don't expect to release the assets until the maps are released though, so if you are needing something for a more imminent project, you can contact me privately and we'll see if I can get whatever model/skin you need to you.

thank you for the offer currently i dont need anything am still finishing my bf1 tcw battles mod and then i will be working on bf2 battles of the clone wars for a while.
-- bf1 tcw battles

Coming soon:

Snowball Fight 3.0

Probably will be a couple days late for Christmas (waited too long to submit it... doh), but nonetheless an attempt to revive an old tradition of mine. See screens below:

Hey, so any mods/admins that happen to pass by and see this... I submitted the map mentioned in the post above back in late December (See Here), and I don't know if it slipped through the cracks and was forgotten (I know I kept forgetting), or if there was something wrong that it was blocked from approval, but if anyone has time, can they look into it?

Thanks!

Thanks.  New uploads are rare these days...feel free to PM or make a post to get us to check  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on February 12, 2023, 03:41:11 AMThanks.  New uploads are rare these days...feel free to PM or make a post to get us to check  :cheers:

Thank you much! I didn't want to single-out any one mod for PMing, hence why I posted here.

Well, it's been a minute since I've uploaded something. I thought I had this map done months ago, then after getting sidetracked by other projects, I came back to this and spent another several weeks redoing and refining things in it, and now, I can finally reveal...

Europa: Ground Assault 2.0

This is a complete remake of my third ever map release, which occurred 12/2/2008, a little over fifteen years ago. Good grief that is a long time... Anyway, that original map was made at a time when I still had no idea what I was doing, and hadn't bothered to learn all the things I should have known. That map had a black sky, no low-rez terrain, and didn't even have AI paths... yeesh. But still, I have a lot of nostalgia for my old maps, so along with the remake, I'm also releasing a "fixed" version of the original POS map. See some comparison's below:

The horizon and sky:

The defensive position:

The gun platforms:

And for some addition pictures of the remake map:

I want to add special thanks to my long-time friend Ginev for modeling the ice spires and several of the map props for me!

Also, units:

Clone Minelayer, now with a new concussion rifle model:

Rebel Medic, featuring the restored scatter gun, as well as the bacta gun that now has animated bacta:

Snow Scout:

Imperial Officer, with restored Haywire Grenade:

Also, I have made a lot of the hi-res weapons and tools into functional models for both first and third person, and made sure the "lit" parts show bright on this dark map. The main examples are the fusion cutters:

This map is about 99.99% done, and should be released soon. I also have its sequels, Europa: Bridge and Europa:Caves in 90% done state, and hopefully will be able to release those pretty soon after.

I don't know about it because you may want to read the message and warning. RECOMMENDED
By Games at risk of removal February 21
"Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection releasing on March 14, 2024."

Quote from: jonjonshell21 on March 12, 2024, 02:44:12 AMI don't know about it because you may want to read the message and warning. RECOMMENDED
By Games at risk of removal February 21
"Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection releasing on March 14, 2024."

You have posted this three times in three separate places. I know your intentions are probably good, but this is spam, so please stop.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

nice work cant wait to play your map. must learn how to make a minimaps for my maps.
-- bf1 tcw battles