Trying to start with BFBuilder for SWBF - Fixed Error While Munging

Started by Franer, January 04, 2020, 02:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello there;

First at all, I follow this new beginers guide: [spoiler]http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8.0[/spoiler]

However, while following the steps, specially the readme steps from the download folder; I found myshelf with a critical error while munging the prototype. Error: [spoiler]soundflmunge.exe : Warning : No files in file list Cde  - while munging C:\LucasArts\BFBuilder\DataCde\Sound\worlds\Cde\Cde.asfx
[/spoiler]

It appears that file is currently on the folder; so I dont know how to fix it and keep working on modding or at least start modding.

I will be glaz for any type of info or help, if there is something you need to know, I also will be glaz to answer.

Additional info:
-I have Win10 system.
-the mod is currently on the folder C:\LucasArts\BFBuilder.
-I tried to munge it with 64bitMunge.bat.
-One on the followed steps, indicates to have the game on the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts; since my game folder do not contain GameData, but Data; I duplicate this folder and renamed with GameData and add SPTEST.exe to both folders just in case.

Thank you, Franer.

That error can be ignored if you are not doing custom sounds.  It does not impact overall munging.
Does anything show up in BFBuilder\Addon?  If it is a successful munge of cde (your map), then the folder should be present in there.
Note: you can use sounds from other maps, asfx files are for additional sound effects.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on January 06, 2020, 10:42:03 AM
That error can be ignored if you are not doing custom sounds.  It does not impact overall munging.
Does anything show up in BFBuilder\Addon?  If it is a successful munge of cde (your map), then the folder should be present in there.
Note: you can use sounds from other maps, asfx files are for additional sound effects.

Thank you, it fix the problem.

I have taken the sounds of other worlds and it seen to work pretty well.

Thank you again, Franer.

Quote from: Led on January 06, 2020, 04:17:44 AM
I am not sure, but we will try to get you some help.

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate that.

Glad we were able to help!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.