swbf-unmunge - v1.1.1

Started by SleepKiller, July 06, 2017, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've posted v1.0.0 v1.0.1. It just fixes a few bugs I found and has a couple small new things. It doesn't do anything major as you might expect from a jump from 0.6 to 1.0 but that is because this is mostly just me saying "I am confident the tool is now stable." As always you can find the new release on the GitHub release page.

v1.1.0 will have something more interesting, if I make it.

Sound support?

Suspense intensifies
Also, check out my total conversion for BF1: Ferocious Battlefront
http://www.moddb.com/mods/ferocious-battlefront

RELEASE INCOMING

October 14, 2017, 03:13:18 AM #77 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:12:10 AM by LitFam
Will there be support for .anims file types, also will mix up textures be fixed for star wars battlefront wars battlefront 2 (2005) models?

I posted an attachment of the mix-up textures. BTW I am using the latest version 1.0.1

October 14, 2017, 08:33:32 PM #78 Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 10:43:10 PM by SleepKiller
Quote from: i|\|(06|\|i70 on October 13, 2017, 11:42:48 PM
Sound support?

Suspense intensifies
In a hypothetical 1.1.0 sound support would be one of the things I would be looking to add. As strange as it sounds though, at the moment I'm not setup to reverse engineer file formats. So I can't do it now but maybe in the future.

As always since this is just a hobby project, no promises.

Quote from: LitFam on October 14, 2017, 03:13:18 AM
Will there be support for .anims file types, also will mix up textures be fixed for star wars battlefront wars battlefront 2 (2005) models?

I posted an attachment of the mix-up textures. BTW I am using the latest version 1.0.1
I've actually fixed that bug at least twice. I didn't know it was still a problem. I'll take a look at it soon!

EDIT: As a workaround however if it's what I'm thinking of fixing yourself could be as simple as flipping the texture vertically in your favourite image editor. Try it in the meantime.

As for animations. If you mean getting the premunged .zaabin and .zafbin files back it does that and they're named correctly. (They're also the only chunks I've encountered related to animations.) If you mean turning .zaabin/.zafbin back into a set of *.msh animations then no I don't think that will ever happen, the value proposition for reverse engineering them is poor.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 14, 2017, 08:33:32 PM
EDIT: As a workaround however if it's what I'm thinking of fixing yourself could be as simple as flipping the texture vertically in your favorite image editor. Try it in the meantime.

Could you please elaborate more, please. I use paint.net and Gimp.

Quote from: LitFam on October 14, 2017, 11:34:40 PM
Could you please elaborate more, please. I use paint.net and Gimp.
Sure. In Gimp from the drop down menus at the top of the window go,

Image -> Transform -> Flip Vertically

That should do the trick I think, try Flip Horizontally instead if it doesn't fix it.

October 15, 2017, 12:16:23 AM #81 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 12:18:43 AM by LitFam
Thanks! :cheer:

This is what I mean by .anims file types look at the attachment.

Quote from: LitFam on October 15, 2017, 12:16:23 AM
This is what I mean by .anims file types look at the attachment.
You'll have to enlighten me as to what those files are used for during the munge process, as they don't make it in any form into the finished .lvl. The *.zaabin/*.zafbin files should be all you need to use the animations.

October 15, 2017, 07:02:21 AM #83 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:16:37 AM by LitFam
I tried that. I only set the skeleton name, then when I munged the munge log gave me an animation error.

Am I supposed to set the skeleton name, animation name, etc? Could you please help me thanks.

Here is the error I get in the log:

[spoiler]ERROR[levelpack req\bot_inf_501st_legion_clone_trooper.req]:Could not open munged\pc\humanevolved.anims for input. DOS reports:
No such file or directory
ERROR[levelpack req\bot_inf_501st_legion_clone_trooper.req]:Could not open munged\pc\humanevolved.anims for input. DOS reports:
No such file or directory

2 Errors    0 Warnings
[/spoiler]

I have no clue what levelpack does with or expects from the file. (That is to say I haven't the time to test my hypothesises on it.)  One workaround might be to try and create a dummy *.anims file.

I would first try this and see if it worked.
ucft
{
}

Then I would try this if that didn't work.
ucft
{
ANIM
{
}
}

So just name the file what it is expecting and put it in the same folder as the *.zaabin/*zafbin files. Let me know how it goes for you.

Thank you sleep killer you made me shed a tear :cheers:

Now I don't have to use the evolved mod anymore  :cheer:

Glad to hear it worked. Which one made levelpack play nice? If you tell me I can make the tool automatically produce it for any animation files it finds.

This one worked for me

[spoiler]ucft
{
}[/spoiler]

Thanks! In the next version of the tool it'll automatically create dummy .anims files.

Thanks a million it saves people a copy and paste.