SWBF III News

Started by Dresh, March 03, 2009, 10:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I read this today:

The troubled development of Star Wars: Battlefront 3 has taken another interesting twist. After jumping from the sinking ship Free Radical to Rebellion, who are currently hard at work on Aliens vs. Predator 3, it has now been handed back into the hands of the developer of the first two installments – Pandemic.
( http://darkzero.co.uk/game-news/star-wa ... rebellion/ )

Anyone else heard this? Can anyone confirm?

QuoteAn untitled project simply entitled "Project X" that is rumored to be Star Wars: Battlefront III
QuoteThe Brisbane Team, which is currently working on project X. Pandemic Studios is not producing Destroy All Humans! 3.
QuoteIn February 2009, office in Brisbane, Australia has been shut down.

Source: //http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandemic_Studios

P.S. Where did this come from?
QuoteAfter the recent leaked footage - which we'd thought to be in-game, but since turned out to be pre-rendered
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

Sounds like this might be a good thing after all.

I hope this gets through and it gets made. That and a few other games would convince me to get the XBOX360.

"I can has ur goats? pleeze?" (Wikipedia).

I find myself wishing Free Radical had been able to hold onto the license long enough for Crytek to acquire it... then it would have been awesome, I'm sure.

Pandemic's an average developer- they make some really awesome games every few years, then the rest... not so good. Here's hoping this (if true) is one of those good games.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Surely if pandemic get it they will have learned what worked and what didn't in the last 2 games. I'd personally like to see a Battlefield 2 kinda game, you know with a bit more to it than running and shooting. I like the team based combat of BF2 and the hierarchical structure.

I don't know of any of the other pandemic games so I don''t know what kinda stuff they're likely to churn out!

one advantage of Pandemic is it is guaranteed to be released for PC pretty much. Unfortunately, it also means no mac version :(

Also means that the lvl format will probably remain, which means even if they don't release the mod tools, hackers will decode the formats fairly quickly since they have SWBF 1 and 2 formats to compare to.

Pandemic is a decent developer. Hopefully they will re-code the ground-to-space if they pay any attention to the message boards.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Easy way around the no-Mac thing. Cider. ;)

It'll probably only work if Transgaming adds support for it or if it uses the Zero Engine again (I hope they retire it)

#TYBG

Quote from: "Thomas"It'll probably only work if Transgaming adds support for it or if it uses the Zero Engine again (I hope they retire it)

Let's talk about that later if it comes out. ;)

I find it hard to believe that this is true. Pandemic would have announced if it was.

They may not be allowed to!  Or want to, this secret project stuff helps keep ppl interested!

QuoteWe're so amped up about Project X that it's hard for us not to tell everyone everything about it today. But we can't. When we can talk about this project, we'll have all the exciting news here on this site.

Doesn't mention LucasArts, since I guess that would give it away. They want to tell you, but obviously can't.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Well, whoever gets the game at the end, I am just glad Rebellion isn't working on it.

I've rented several of their latest games and I have to say, they do a horrible job. I know they were successful in 1993 but they aren't anywhere near good now.

#TYBG

Pandemic made Battlefront I right? So I'm just hoping the game will be like a major overhaul of battlefront I with better graphics and features, etc. and hopefully it will be a good job of it. I really didn't trust Rebellion at all, I'd rather have this project in Pandemic's hands than them.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever