Simple mod

Started by Legitosity, December 15, 2014, 11:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 17, 2014, 01:39:49 PM #15 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:02:50 PM by Legitosity
I messaged you Anyder

& I opened up the GameMaster patch with xvi32 but when I searched for pAS it told me the string wasn't found.

*EDIT*

I got the help I needed from Anthony_B on GamerToast

If you were interested.....

here was his response

1) The spawn timer is hard coded in the exe, you need the VA patched exe for instant spawn.
editing that little code on the map scripts does nothing.

2) removing tanks can be done without making mods, open any tank map file in hex editor and use the find+replace function and do this
com_item_vehicle_spawn becomes com-item-vehicle-spawn, do this for each instance of com_item_vehicle_spawn - this makes the game look for com-item-vehicle-spawn which doesn't exist, making tanks not work.

3) You can also remove flags using hex edit on the existing files
open the map file in hex editor, and search for com_item_flag, and between what looks like "XFRM0" and "PROP" there is about 50 bytes of data - obscure this data by writing just random letters and numbers over it (don't overwrite xfrm0 and prop, just the data in between those bits)
those little bytes of data is object coordinate and changing it puts the flag somewhere only god knows.

For 2 flag levels, do this for each instance of the flag you find. Usually f3 in hex tools finds next instance.

Quote from: Legitosity on December 17, 2014, 11:59:55 AM

EDIT**** I moved his folder to my C drive and it's working! I think I'm getting close :)
Looks like the space was breaking the munger. This applies to BF1 sound munging too, good thing you were able to get it working.