Ty294 has entered the Battlefield

Started by Ty294, November 08, 2019, 08:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello there,

Ty294 here. I used to mod for Battlefront way back in the day (during the waning days of ol' FileFront), though I haven't been active for many years.

I recently reinstalled the Battlefront games with the desire to play some of the old mod maps, only to find that some of my more recent ones were MIA and apparently not salvaged for download anywhere online. And when I tried to find them in my old backup files, I thought for a while that I may have lost them over the past several computer transfers. Luckily (and with some prayers to the patron Saint of lost stuff), I managed to find almost everything (unless there is a Europa Caves 4.0, in which case I haven't found that).

I had seen a thread here (though it's older) where some people where looking for Duulan: Mine Pit 2.0 and Duulan: Canyon Village 3.0. I've got them, though I only had the work folder for the latter, and when I munged it I wound up with some weird errors with the lightning and the ground lighting... so I'm gonna try and fix that and release a 3.1 at some point here.

Anyway, hoping to slooowly work my way back into doing a little bit for BF1, since I've periodically had that desire to keep modding over the years. And now I feel I might actually know what I'm doing this time (once I relearn the code and stuff)!

Awesome.  I recall your name.   :cheers:

Take a good look around--there have been some cool new discoveries and mods for SWBF1  :)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Oh! Some old maps making a return? NICE!

Quote from: Led on November 08, 2019, 08:49:29 PM
Awesome.  I recall your name.   :cheers:

Take a good look around--there have been some cool new discoveries and mods for SWBF1  :)

:tu:

I already read through that one thread about weird stuff found in LUA and ODF files, which was an interesting read. When I get time I'm gonna try to do more searching around, though alas, I am far more busy these days than I was the first time around. That said, I am absolutely in love with Sereja's Kholma map and the things he did with it, so that makes me really excited for stuff I hope I can do.

Quote from: Michaeluj on November 09, 2019, 07:28:54 AM
Oh! Some old maps making a return? NICE!

I will hopefully get those posted some time soonish.

Glad to see you back!  Some of your maps were among the first I played when I learned about mods and modding.
I hope you'll find that we have the resources you need!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on November 12, 2019, 09:11:55 AM
Glad to see you back!  Some of your maps were among the first I played when I learned about mods and modding.
I hope you'll find that we have the resources you need!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them!

So far I think I've been finding everything I need to from here.

Also, luckily, most of my tools were intact and are working just fine, so it's a matter of digging all the scattered assets I had everywhere.

Ty294 Hello old friend.I didn't expected to see you anymore!Its me Gogo12/Ginev.Back in the days we were making maps together and we made one pack of maps together released in the swbffiles web years ago.Im so glad you returned.I can help you if you do not remember how to do anything.    :cheers: