Star Wars Ep VII Trailer to premiere this Friday

Started by Rayce, November 25, 2014, 07:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: WusiBabyEater on November 25, 2014, 06:04:04 PM
The new Star Wars movie trailer is coming out Friday.
I figured we need a thread about this. (It's true, Google it.)

Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 25, 2014, 07:11:21 PM
I figured we need a thread about this. (It's true, Google it.)

Let's hope that they leave out any cheesy/childish moments like they have put in Rebels...
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Ultimo on November 25, 2014, 07:12:38 PM
Let's hope that they leave out any cheesy/childish moments like they have put in Rebels...
Amen.

Quote from: Ultimo on November 25, 2014, 07:12:38 PM

Agreed.

Eh, I'm just curious about what the plot will be. I have heard rumors that it is a movie about Obi-Wan, or that an Obi-Wan stand alone will come out later. Chances are I'm going to be slightly bored with the new movies. Movies are always so predictable. I hate predictability. I really hope Disney does a good job.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I'm really excited, and also anxious. I've watched the movies so many times that I've lost count.

I spent all of middle school imagining I was in the Star Wars universe.
(I'm a super huge Star Wars fan)

They better not ruin it.

I've heard a bunch of rumoured plot details, each being progressively more wacky.
No matter what, it can be no worse than TPM.

I myself am a tad skeptical towards the new film (like Carbon, I too hate predictability in films). Nonetheless, I do hope that Disney does a good job. First impressions are most important, heavily so if you are adding a new trilogy lineup to a worldwide popular film franchise.

While I won't deny that the Stormtroopers look fantastic, it is to clearly a J.J. Abrams film.... you'd never find such moving and shaking cameras in any of the other SW films as we saw with the Millennium Falcon's flight sequence at the end.

Soupir....

Am I the only one who's left feeling both elevated but mostly... "meh"..?

It looks enjoyable, it's just going to also be one of those feelings like... "It's not really Star Wars but it's SOOOO very Star Wars"
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I'l admit, it feels....weird.

It has Star Wars in it, but to me it feels wayyy too much like a really well done fan-made film (that lightsaber sold me on that thought).

The little bouncing droid was odd, but nonetheless, it's definitely Star Wars to an extent. I don't have too high of expectations for the film after that, but like everyone else is saying, it feels "meh".

November 28, 2014, 08:44:01 AM #11 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:46:38 AM by Unit 33
Crossguard lightsaber sold it.

I'm still optimistic, considering this is our very first tiny glance at what we can expect from the film.

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 28, 2014, 08:44:01 AM
Crossguard lightsaber sold it.

Thats one of the biggest killers for me. Just looks like your usual over epic movie of today. The rolling r2, the xwings across the water, the lightsaber.
I love the sith, but it looks as though this one will just be a joke like that orc in the hobbit. Ive always been about the movies, and not the EU, which is what this movie seems to be geared towards more.

I mean that falcon shot was do able, but even that hulking slow bottom speeder looked stupid. Sadly though its whay i expected (although they arnt making the movie just for my viewing pleasure)
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: Kînnjax on November 28, 2014, 08:04:11 AM
While I won't deny that the Stormtroopers look fantastic
Yea they were pretty cool, i always did get a boner over the stormies.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

First thought is that visually it all looks amazing, my second thought is that's a stupid looking and impractical lightsaber.

I'm a fan of JJ Abrams, and although the second Star Trek film wasn't amongst his best I think he's a good choice for Star Wars, it's nice to see that he's kept the look of a 'lived in' universe from the original films where it's not all about shiny new spaceships but things like a bulky old(?) speeder bike and battered helmets so it seems more realistic. Relatively of course. :)

Overall I'm looking forward to it and this was a good advert, if a bit early.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)