[ICW] Week 2

Started by Oven, July 22, 2012, 09:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 29, 2012, 05:19:46 PM #75 Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:25:10 PM by BlackScorpion
FC (attacking) vs. YAK (defending)
FC won, 1-0.

Video: http://www.xfire.com/video/597874/

I believe that this player, whose username I do not know, was right on the line where a false start would need to be called, but I think he was clear (I was watching him, as I saw a shadow and thought it was a mine. Fortunately, it wasn't.)

FC (attacking) vs. YAK (defending)
FC won, 2-0.

Video is too long to be uploaded to xfire, so a workaround is now in progress.
I will, however, offer my opinion: Barry, a member of YAK, decided to flame various members of FC as well as the clan itself.  He was warned to stop flaming.  (In fact, another player of YAK had previously warned to not curse--this event did not occur on video; however, Rage has a picture of it that can be provided if necessary.)  But he continued.  FC has expressed interest in penalties, and I see no reason why penalties should not be carried out.  Additionally, there was a player on YAK who decided to change his name to something along the lines of '[YAK] Darman the Fartman.'  Reasoning that the rule prohibiting impersonation was designed to prevent anybody other than (I'll use Sha-Zam as an example, even though he wasn't there) Sha-Zam from playing as [YAK] Sha-Zam, I did not immediately disqualify YAK.  Instead, I believe that it should be treated as a continuation of the flaming.

I do not know exactly what should be done, other than that punishments to some degree must be given, on which me, Jamman (who was present for Citadel but not Harbor), and FC agree on. Oven, when the video is uploaded, you'll get to make the call.  The factors to take into account are as follows:

-Warnings were given (aggravating);
-FC moving for punishments (aggravating?);
-The behavior akin to impersonation (aggravating); and
-Barry being a fairly unknown player (slightly mitigating, but he should still be expected to behave himself).

ETA: Jamman agrees that it's in your court, Oven.  I will send, via private message, the video (it has FC's team chat).

July 29, 2012, 05:43:03 PM #76 Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 07:59:22 PM by Buckler
Well, how about we make this rule:  trouble makers and impersonators will not only be banned from the server, but also from SWBFgamers.com and furthermore be banned from PLA servers, and their IP address will be shared with other server hosts for additional bans from SWBF.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Even beeing in YaK,I need to agree with Jamm and Fc about the YaK member Barry,he was really annoying and didn`t  respect anyone in the game,not even me who got really mad at him and said to him shutup like 2 times,so,I think banning him would be a good solution.

July 29, 2012, 07:38:14 PM #78 Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 09:50:32 PM by Oven
YAK's penalty will be light, because I think we can all agree that most of their players have been only cordial and fair throughout this tournament. YAK may only attack 1 planet in Week 3. I contemplated not even punishing YAK at all, but I think this is only fair because there has to be some shared responsibility for the upkeep of civility. (The main way to do this is to have someone in charge for each battle who can vet all players present to make sure that they are legitimate YAK members.)

The punishment of the individuals who were involved is more severe. Buckler's post above mine is going to become an official tournament rule, and no, I'm not grandfathering anyone in. Barry's IP information was not obtained, but in the future it will. If he or anyone else dares to behave in a manner remotely resembling what happened at Rhen Var today, they will be subnet banned with extreme prejudice not only from the ICW but from every public server possible, permanently.

The use of another player's name in your own name, whether to impersonate and antagonize, is hereby forbidden.

Penguin is warned for encouraging the flaming.

Week 3 thread

I will apologize on YAK's behalf. I personally have never heard of a 'Barry' in YAK or ELK, but if I ever see him again I will not allow him to participate in any battles and banned from YAK and ELK.

I do not tolerate unfair or unhonorable acts and decisions. Let this be a warning to all YAK and ELK members that this tournament was meant to be fair and fun and you will be punished if you wish to be in the tournament with ill thoughts.

Chances are it was a fake that was there to cause trouble.  It will be dealt with if it happens again.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Oven, I respect your desesion but think it is not very fair that YAK punished cbecause some random guy come on with a fake name and starts curseing.It could have happened to any clan. And I would like to know why no one booted him for it.Thanks
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

The proper punishment must be given so that other clans are not annoyed. They cannot show bias towards one clan.
I think the punishment is fair.

He is going to be banned from YAK/ELK and, I think, all SWBFgamers servers.

Quote from: JohnisofLU on July 30, 2012, 07:54:42 AM
Oven, I respect your desesion but think it is not very fair that YAK punished cbecause some random guy come on with a fake name and starts curseing.It could have happened to any clan. And I would like to know why no one booted him for it.Thanks

I can only speak for FC. If someone joined with a fake FC name and started cursing and acting the way Barry did, we would have vote kicked him in less than a minute.

Quote from: Phobos on July 30, 2012, 10:03:12 AM
I can only speak for FC. If someone joined with a fake FC name and started cursing and acting the way Barry did, we would have vote kicked him in less than a minute.

Agreed Phobos, 212 would have done the same.  :D But the problem with YAK/ELK is that they were just recently formed and no one really knows every person in the clan so it wasnt as easy for them to detect an imposter.  ;)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212} =-Norris-= on July 30, 2012, 08:36:25 PM

Agreed Phobos, 212 would have done the same.  :D But the problem with YAK/ELK is that they were just recently formed and no one really knows every person in the clan so it wasnt as easy for them to detect an imposter.  ;)

even if barry was a legit member they should have kicked him based on his behavior