Star Wars Battlefront 1.0

Started by Shap, June 23, 2011, 11:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi,

this goes out for people, who can remember the good old times on SWBF 1.0! I wanted to tell you, that the version is still alive (not very active but there are some good players)

So, if theres anyone, who wants to see/play the good old version again, is welcome!

- Shap

Here are version swaps in case you don't want to make duplicate folders: http://www.freewebs.com/boygamer9/swbfversionswaps.htm

I found that 1.0 will instantly crash every time with "buffer underrun" unless you rename the addon folder to something else like AddOn1.2 or AddOnMaps.

1.0 graphics are way too rough for my native resolution 1920 x 1280. But I remember those days when rebels actually had a chance cuz dark jets weren't over powered lol.

LucasArts made a patch.
Players downloaded the patch.
Braingods said the original Battlefront was better.

Seriously, guys...

The 1.3 beta patch was never officially endorsed by pandemic or lucasarts I think.

I was speaking about the 1.2 patch,
there are some conflicts about 1.2 version or 1.0 one is noob, i presonally think that there is a 1.0 gameplay server, so everybody can play on the 1.2 version, but some of 1.0 players cant accept that they can lose against others, because they are the bests on their retired battlefront.

also the 1.2 version didn't come out on many countries, which explains why there's always a couple of East europeans playing the 1.0 patch on GR all the time.

What about the 1.1 patch/version, is it just like 1.2?

Quote from: Syrion on June 24, 2011, 01:21:16 AM
  I was speaking about the 1.2 patch,
there are some conflicts about 1.2 version or 1.0 one is noob, i presonally think that there is a 1.0 gameplay server, so everybody can play on the 1.2 version, but some of 1.0 players cant accept that they can lose against others, because they are the bests on their retired battlefront.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to get across, the grammatical structure of your sentences is somewhat confusing.

Different players like to player different versions of the game--and that is fine.

For example, SWBF2 players think we are crazy for playing SWBF the original.

It's all good.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet