MPCGamers Tournament 1 (T.1)

Started by Jedikiller, April 03, 2010, 07:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 03, 2010, 07:13:18 PM Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 06:07:40 PM by Jedikiller
MPCGamers Tournament 1 (T.1)
April 17, 2010

This time, we're trying something new! Instead of having Mac vs. PC again, since we all know who wins, we're going to compete to see who is the best SWBF player around! This is how it works: you are automatically placed onto a team- you fight the opposing team, and we keep records of all the points earned by everyone and add them up at the end to determine the best player. That way, everything's fair. There's no way to place yourself on one team or another, and there is no unbalanced teams or anything like that.

Scoring will work like this:
1 kill = 1 point
1 death= -.5 point
1 CP= 1.5 points

So if you get 20 kills, 5 deaths, and 1 CP, then your score is 20-2.5+1.5. This comes out to be 19.

Here's all the essential information you need to know:

Date and Time:
April 17th, 2010 at 3PM CST- this is 8 PM GMT!
Maps:
Eddie's Italia- CSI9- Click here
Tatooine: Fueling Station- DDF2- Click here
Abridon City- ABR1- Click here
Dude, Where's My Kart?- DWMK- Click here

I hope to see everyone there! May the best man win!

-JK

EDIT: Clicky for results

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I'm not sure if I can make this or not as I'll be on spring break and may or may not be gone on that Saturday. If I can be there I will. If I can't, good luck to everybody doing this  :cheers:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Sounds cool ill be sure to be in this although i like it better when we have the one sided pc vs mac ;P

Be'dads, mate! Tis a competition I ha always wanted ta be in! Well blast me wit a cannonball, I 'ope I can make it! And by thunder, maybe I'll 'ave 'alf o' chance in be'in da best! Har har har! So ya just be on any old team and fight? Will team attack be on or off? Friendly fire?  Can you kill yarr teammate, or no?  I'll do anything I can ta be in dis tournament!
A corsair don't go down easy...

Yes!

Back in the day, we had lots of these, and they were fun, as well as minor scoring controversy. I'll definitely try to be there!

bah...first its on my moms birthsday, secondly its leds server (loads of lagg) and 3thly its unmakable for european guys

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

None of those are my fault. 8PM on a Saturday is perfectly reasonable for Europeans. It's 10PM for you, assuming you're in CEST. I would say that that is a reasonable time- also, it was the time of the last PW, which you made.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

If I my Mac back from Apple before the 17th, I'll definitely be there. I haven't played SWBF in... a long time but it doesn't matter, I'll try to be there.

--AG

#TYBG

Well, I would love to pwn you all in a match but... I will be on spring break then. And I'd rather not go albino staying inside all the time  :shrug: plus when/if I'm on I will probably be modding. (Addicted) I wanna duel the winner if I get a chance  :XD: Oh and I wanna duel JK. Just for the fun of it. lol
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 05, 2010, 06:04:11 AM #12 Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:05:48 AM by UNIT33
I'll most likely be able to attend .
Also by 'we' in the context of score keeping, who do you mean?

Thanks for organizing this JK. Interesting map choices. I plan on being there.

Man haven't played SWBF in a long long time......... Anywayz I'll play and better start training again I'm rusty :(

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.