Disabling the 'override_texture' function?

Started by Okwals97, June 22, 2019, 02:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 22, 2019, 02:45:46 PM Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 03:28:26 AM by Slavko
Hello, I have a quick question: is there any way to disable the override_texture function?
To describe the matter more precisely, I'm working on a side mod for SWBF2 and I would like to replace the Rebel marksman model with the one from SWBF1. The problem is that whenever I play Marvel4's converted SWBF1 maps, they, so to say, attempt to override the marksman skin with other variants for the SWBF2 model. The result is *REALLY* messy. Overriding the SWBF2 desert and urban marksperson textures with the SWBF1 texture didn't help, as the map still seemed to use SWBF2 ones. So, in order to do something about it, I'd like to disable the override_texture function. Is it possible to do that?

I think you should just have to remove "-keepmaterial override_texture" from the .option file for the .msh.

Or you could just remove the OverrideTexture lines from the ODF.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Thanks for the replies, people! :D  The thing is, I'm not sure how those maps implement the new textures, which complicates the matter slightly. Well, I guess I'll do both of these things at the same time, just to be sure that the problem is solved :)