Changing default game options (gameopt.lub)

Started by 123saber, December 05, 2021, 07:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've figured out how to extract and open lub files, but they're still partly unreadable. I discovered most of the match settings are saved in gameop.lub inside shell.lvl but you cant change values as they aren't displayed correctly.

Is there no way to save game options such as no warmup time, friendly fire off, turning off auto assign or defaulting to lan instead of internet?

Thank you

"lub" files are extracted compiled scripts. There's no practical way to get them back into the original file after extracted.  I guess it could be hex edited but that's pretty difficult and probably is not going to work the way you expect.

I can't fully answer your question for you because I generally do BF1, but I do know that the "warm up time" (spawn timer?) is hard coded and requires a custom exe. The rest will require learning lua scripting and recompiling the shell.lvl.

Your best bet is Gametoast for BF2, specifically at the .lua section here: https://gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806  - I don't know specifically what they would recommend for your situation, which (like I said) requires a shell recompile.  All the scripts are included in the BF2 mod tools which I assume could be used for that purpose.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

The v1.5 R2 mod features savable settings.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.