Sound Mods

Started by MoonDeity, March 28, 2020, 12:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, I have all of Harrison Fog's mods for Battlefront 2 and they make the game so much more awesome. I am having problems finding a good sound mod to go with them. Is there a way I can add sounds or change them while keep Harrisons HD mods? At the very least I would love to just change the clone troopers blaster rifle sound, it gets to be annoying for me and its kind of a pathetic sound. This game would be so immersive with these HD mods and new sounds like the background noises and gun sounds and effect. Ive used one mod where the shots made cools sounds when they hit something. PLEASE I have looked everywhere, ive searched every combination of words in google and I cant find anything. I thought there would be lots given this is a Star Wars game.

Thanks
"Im just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe"

Dark_Phantom has something that can rebuild common.bnk, which is the SFX bank. He's posted the SWBF1 version but though he's done an SWBF2 version I don't think it's posted here yet.

Here's the SWBF1 version: https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=13873.0
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Thank you so much for replying. :cheer: Im not a modder so I might not know what im doing with this but its worth it to figure it out. Ill switch to battlefront 1 if i have to and if it has remaster mods too.

Theres a lot of better Star wars soundtrack and sound effects to include in the game.  I have a lot of good ideas.  Heres a tutorial if you want to now how to do it.  http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12236
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

I turn the music all the way down for realism. Theres no music in war lol even though Star Wars music is so iconic. I just want to change or add sound effects especially the clone trooper blaster rifle. Maybe you could take the background noises from republic commando or something but I dont know how to do any of it nor do I think my computer is good enough to hence why im trying to mod BF2 instead of just playing the new battlefront 2. If I could just change that blast rifle sound while still using Harrison fogs mods I would be happy enough, the rate of fire changed would be could and more immersive but I dont want to hope for too much. Thanks for replying

BF2 common.bnk builder exists here as well:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1542
I believe this was the finished version of it
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Thank you. This site is awesome.  :tu:

Do I just find the sound I want to change than give my sound the same name and than replace it  than run the commonmunge?

Quote from: clsallenbach on March 29, 2020, 09:00:07 AM
Do I just find the sound I want to change than give my sound the same name and than replace it  than run the commonmunge?

Correct.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

March 29, 2020, 10:35:41 AM #9 Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 09:50:51 PM by clsallenbach
Great. I hope this works, I have some sweet sounds. Amped up the sounds in the distance...gonna be intense  :XD:

I cant thank you enough!!

Ill post my stuff once ive got it all figured out. thanks again

https://www.moddb.com/mods/weapon-sound-change/addons/weapons-sound-change-20

Edit by Anyder: Avoid double or triple posting! Edit your post instead  ;)