Why don't Jedi's fall over when killed?

Started by Bluetothestars, June 15, 2022, 04:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Search the other character ODFs and look for that one command and if it doesn't exist, add it and make the value 0.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 25, 2022, 08:26:49 AMSearch the other character ODFs and look for that one command and if it doesn't exist, add it and make the value 0.

Okay, so I've done this for EVERY hero and it still doesn't work, however, it works for the Jedi class on knightfall level... I think you may have missed something if you think it works for Jedi heroes because I've tried modifying the com_hero and com_jedi, the individual character odfs (which don't work for heroes but work for the regular jedi class on knightfall).

I'm really not interested in spoonfeeding people every thing because no one learns that way.

You should read the script cor1c_c.lua from assets\scripts\cor\ and see where the padawans are coming from then go edit those ODFs.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 26, 2022, 09:10:28 PMI'm really not interested in spoonfeeding people every thing because no one learns that way.

You should read the script cor1c_c.lua from assets\scripts\cor\ and see where the padawans are coming from then go edit those ODFs.
You're misunderstanding me, I've literally had it work for the Jedi on knightfall, in instant action though, for example if I play on Hoth and play as death Vader, he will kneel when I die no matter what I put in the odfs or scripts. This whole time I think you were thinking I was only taking about knightfall, I got it to work for that, just not instant action when I play conquest and play as a hero. Does that make sense? Not asking to be spoon fed, I just have a feeling it's either not possible or there's another file we've missed.

You did something wrong somewhere. com_jedi_default is the class parent for all lightsaber characaters, minus a few weirdos like the wampas and acklays. Com_hero_default is for all shooter heroes. Changing both of those should absolutely make all hero units fall over like troopers. I don't know what else to tell you.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 26, 2022, 10:35:06 PMYou did something wrong somewhere. com_jedi_default is the class parent for all lightsaber characaters, minus a few weirdos like the wampas and acklays. Com_hero_default is for all shooter heroes. Changing both of those should absolutely make all hero units fall over like troopers. I don't know what else to tell you.

Try it yourself and you'll see it doesn't work.

I know it works. I've been modding BF2 forever. You messed up somewhere.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 27, 2022, 02:56:59 AMI know it works. I've been modding BF2 forever. You messed up somewhere.
Okay, so I've tested Tatooine heroes vs villains and it works there, the heroes drop dead like normal infantry, but when I do normal conquest, they kneel, any ideas?

You probably have other mods causing a conflict. That's the only thing I can think of. If your game is clean then I truly have no idea.

Quote from: Bluetothestars on August 27, 2022, 05:05:10 AMOkay, so I've tested Tatooine heroes vs villains and it works there, the heroes drop dead like normal infantry, but when I do normal conquest, they kneel, any ideas?
Here is an idea...maybe they are normal infantry with a Jedi skin.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I just did a test with conquest heroes on my game and they fall over dead like a trooper when I set FleeLikeAHero to 0.

August 27, 2022, 06:03:24 PM #26 Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 09:26:34 PM by Bluetothestars
Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 27, 2022, 04:19:51 PMI just did a test with conquest heroes on my game and they fall over dead like a trooper when I set FleeLikeAHero to 0.
WHAT?! Okay, so I've done everything you've said, maybe it's the placement of where I'm putting the FleeLikeAHero??

So in the character ODF's I'm just putting it at the bottom, or under JetEnergyDrain.
In mission scripts I'm putting it right after ScriptPostLoad like this:

function ScriptPostLoad()
    SetClassProperty("rep_hero_ep3cloakedanakin", "FleeLikeAHero", "0")
    UnblockPlanningGraphArcs("Connection74")
        DisableBarriers("1")
        --This defines the CPs.  These need to happen first
    cp1 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp1"}
    cp2 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp2"}
    cp3 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp3"}
    cp4 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp4"}
    cp5 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp5"}
    cp6 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp6"}

Quote from: Led on August 27, 2022, 07:13:10 AMHere is an idea...maybe they are normal infantry with a Jedi skin.
So...?

I can't contribute anything to this topic. It has become pretty annoying. I explained very well what works and how to do it. If it's not working then something else is goofed up on your game.

Quote from: AnthonyBF2 on August 28, 2022, 02:51:40 AMI can't contribute anything to this topic. It has become pretty annoying. I explained very well what works and how to do it. If it's not working then something else is goofed up on your game.
Do you think it's because I'm using the steam version?