I Have Trouble With Hard Difficulty

Started by ~{PLA}~ Seth, December 09, 2009, 05:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I've been playing SWBF1 since late, late June '09, came online a month after, played happily on normal difficulty and against my friends and other people for a while. So Septemberish comes, I try cranking it up to HARD to get better.  :td: I get killed in less than a second. No matter what unit, I only manage to get 1-5 enemies before I get killed in a fraction of a second. I actually do good on hard every once in a blue moon, but on a daily basis,  :td:. Any tips? I've tried every unit out there against hard AIs, and I get PWNED. I do better ONLINE against REAL, SKILLED people that have been playing for YEARS than I do against hard AI.

They autoaim for your head.

If you want to play hard AI and not get killed so quickly, I would suggest that you make a Direct Connection server with you as the host and only player, and start out with 3-4 AI at a time.  Thats a decent number that you can practice your dodging skills against. 

I think it also helps to play like Shampoo--hide a lot in a cp and keep some bots there to help you. ;)

Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I've seen some other people play in hard in videos and everything, and even when they are being directly fired on, the AI don't seem to kill them in less than a second, and they aren't doing any special dodging.  I just don't understand how they seem to be more accurate with me.

AI skills were upgraded in version 1.2, so it could be that you see a video from 1.0

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Hard in SP? That's what I play on and it is usually quite easy :/

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

So we have 1.2? I didn't even know what version we had. Anyway, I'll try what you suggested.

i like this play against bots set to hard. anytime you see me on call me and i will join your server, k. which bots are the ones you want to practice on? i can make a special mission file that only lets a certain kind of bots out at one time. like we can fight against snipers mostly or any troop you want. there is nothing wrong with keeping ais along your side. if we play together we can trap our ais some wehre and battle against the hard bots alone. humans against hard to kill ais is cool.

The trick is to not get too close to them. If you do, they'll autoaim at your head. Take cover, strafe often, and learn how to mine throw.

#TYBG

I'm sorry, we don't believe in paying tolls on this website

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)