Lightsaber Blade model

Started by Giftheck, December 26, 2014, 01:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have an OBJ for a lightsaber blade. It just needs to be fitted to the stock lightsaber hilt. Can somebody do that for me, please?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

i'll do it on monday when i get home, if no one else decides to do it before then, that is. (travelled for christmas).

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Nearly forgot about your request, here you are!

Took me a second to figure out why the hilt wouldn't appear.. Fixed it.

December 30, 2014, 01:20:32 PM #4 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:10:01 PM by Gistech
It's much appreciated, thanks :D
In Progress:

On Hold:

I hate to ask too much, but is it possible to turn this into an addon mesh that I can hex-edit onto models? I want to make dual-wielding characters (Mainly Grievous and Maul).
In Progress:

On Hold:

January 02, 2015, 09:42:29 PM #6 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:44:52 PM by -RepubliqueCmdr-
Sure thing, try this out.

You probably don't have to hex-weld it on, might only have to do it within the odfs, and attach it to "bone_l_hand." Unless you want to reserve that for a cape or something.

January 02, 2015, 11:36:50 PM #7 Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 02:39:12 AM by Gistech
Thanks for the conversion!

Having it in the ODF file as an addon may cause problems if the cape is loaded at the same time as the lightsaber addon.

EDIT:, well, this seems to be what happens when I hex-edit it in to the model:

Is there a way to modify the rotation value of a mesh part by hex-editing, I wonder? I'm told I can use "TRAN" to alter the position of the meshes but I have no idea how.

Failing that, I could try it as an addon with a different name under the "AnimationName" setting.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Grevious skeleton may be a bit different than swbf unit anims.
I'd still try it ingame to see what happens (SWBFViewer doesn't always suggest what really happens ingame, as I'm sure you know).

-Only one addon at a time is possible.

If you know how to convert data types, and (I think) know how to use Quaternion rotation/tansform (4 numbers for 3 axises), I think you might be able to do it with hex-editing.

If you upload your Grevious model (or point me to where you got it), I'll use XSI to put them together.