Cricket bat Meele

Started by RepComm, November 08, 2013, 03:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

November 08, 2013, 03:45:59 PM #1 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:47:33 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 08, 2013, 03:10:52 PM
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Credits:
Me, -RC-.
Requested by Unit33/Regent

dl: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7264.0;attach=3041

I'm curious where you even found the texture for a cricket bat! :o

Either way, seems like a decent weapon for slaying zombies, or even just to whack a few people over the head with. ;)

Actually, this looks alot like the Zweihander sword that William wielded in Code Lyoko:

Perhaps an idea for a Code Lyoko mod for SWBF? :)

November 08, 2013, 03:50:53 PM #2 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:55:24 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on November 08, 2013, 03:45:59 PM
I'm curious where you even found the texture for a cricket bat! :o

Either way, seems like a decent weapon for slaying zombies, or even just to whack a few people over the head with. ;)

Actually, this looks alot like the Zweihander sword that William wielded in Code Lyoko:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Perhaps an idea for a Code Lyoko mod for SWBF? :)
Lol, thats a scarey resemblance..
Meele weapons are very easy (in comparison to.. say, person models or other moving parts) to create, and since I've given up on Google sketchup, and started using XSI to it's full use, it's just so much simpler.
Also, I don't have to spend days fixing (or even redoing) UV map and texture, XSI has brilliant built in functions, but rather 2-10 minutes doing that.

I did this model in about 14 minutes, and I got an image from google images and created a custom texture.
--
By the way, what is Code Lyoko?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 08, 2013, 03:50:53 PM
By the way, what is Code Lyoko?

I would rage at you for not knowing what Code Lyoko is, but I'm such a nice guy. :P

I would explain it, but it would take a lot of wording to explain it in detail. Long story short, evil supercomputer named XANA tries to take over the world. A group of teens from a boarding school go into the virtual realm everyday to thwart XANA's attacks.

The summary may suck, but believe me the show is way better than my summary right there. I'l link ya to the 1st episode:

http://www.watchcartoononline.com/code-lyoko-episode-1-teddygodzilla

(I know, the episode name sounds childish, but the show gets into some darker tones later on in the seasons.)

well Unit got his wish... *COUGH*convert these spartans into MSHes*COUGH*
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

November 08, 2013, 04:36:40 PM #5 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:40:17 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on November 08, 2013, 04:29:49 PM
well Unit got his wish... *COUGH*convert these spartans into MSHes*COUGH*
Hmm, these FBX files don't seem to like being imported by XSI7.5
It spits an error at me as soon as I click "Import".. Just like all the others  :slap:

wanna try OBJ

okay try this

Epic, they import fine.
Now to optimize.. I wonder how long that will take..

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 08, 2013, 05:00:26 PM
Epic, they import fine.
Now to optimize.. I wonder how long that will take..

Over 10,000 triangles each. SWBF would puke.

You should be able to get it down pretty easy though since they were professionally made (ie, good edge loops.)
Just do it one piece at a time.

November 08, 2013, 05:33:36 PM #11 Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:18:06 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
praying BF2 is a actual man and looks hi-rez models in the face...... and beat the crap out of it

EDIT: they were extracted right out of Halo 3, they were from the pack GM found in the Ghostz model pack fourm

HOWZAT!

Thanks a bunch RC, this is an excellent cricket bat.