SWBFIII Legacy Early Coruscant map

Started by Giftheck, June 06, 2016, 02:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's is the unfinished prototype Coruscant map from SWBF3 posted by thelegend, converted to SWBF1 by me. At the moment, the meshes are textured (though I would suggest altering some to be more accurate). It also has unfinished collision and only two command posts. But it should be enough to work with if you want to bring this into SWBF1.

https://www.mediafire.com/?npfete5wazagc6j
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

June 06, 2016, 05:32:43 PM #1 Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:38:16 PM by DylanRocket
Wouldn't the map's models be too high poly for SWBF1?

Quote from: DylanRocket on June 06, 2016, 05:32:43 PM
Wouldn't the map's models be too high poly for SWBF1?
Surprisingly not. I just tested it and it works fine and with no significant FPS drop or playermodels going into Low-Res mode.

Indeed. I already tested it out before I posted it.

It has the same problems as shown in this video here, which was made when the texturing was done but before all of the collision work was:

But those are solvable by fixing the collision. If neccesary one could further divide the meshes if you are worried about poly load but as said above ther wasn't any noticeable issues with this map. These models are pretty much comparable to the detail Sereja uses in his maps.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Will you release other models like munificent, acclamator and other vehicles.

Quote from: asky902 on June 09, 2016, 01:35:44 AM
Will you release other models like munificent, acclamator and other vehicles.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=10407.0

Not converted. I'm not the one building this map.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: asky902 on June 25, 2016, 04:25:27 PM
can you convert them to bf ii.tnx

If you want it done, learn how to do it!

No one will do this much work just for you to swoop in and make your own map with them...

And after you convert them, post them for others to use.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

June 25, 2016, 06:21:03 PM #8 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 06:24:08 PM by Commander Awesome
1. What Led said.
2. Gistech didn't make this map, TheLegend/El Fabricio did using models from Free Radical's cancelled version of SWBFIII, TheLegend then gave the assets for the map to Gistech who then (Partially) converted it to SWBFI.