Star Wars Battlefront Portable Map Conversions

Started by Giftheck, July 31, 2020, 07:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 31, 2020, 07:08:00 AM Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 04:09:26 AM by Giftheck
Special thanks go to both Teancum and Calboi, since they have converted these maps to SWBF2. I am in the process of converting their maps from SWBF2 to SWBF1. Here is a list of the maps with released assets so far.

Kashyyyk: Mountaintop (Elite Squadron) - https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=14155
Cato Neimoidia: Hanging City (Elite Squadron) - https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=14158
Sullust: Garrison (Renegade Squadron) - https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=14166
Mustafar: Laboratories (Elite Squadron) - Coming Soon
Saleucami: Caldera City (Renegade Squadron) - Coming Soon
Boz Pity: Graveyard Valley (Renegade Squadron) - Coming Soon

This is basically a progress topic, and where you can report issues you find with these maps.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

July 31, 2020, 08:12:41 AM #1 Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 02:08:47 PM by Giftheck
Cato Neimoidia progress shots:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Looking good Giftheck!
The years just fly past, don't they?

These are indeed exciting times for BF1 modding!

In Progress:

On Hold:

Great job, I'm looking forward to playing this!

Vjun, Ord Mantell, and Tatooine (Renegade version) will all have their source files released in the next few months as well.

Quote from: Teancum on August 02, 2020, 08:34:24 PM
Vjun, Ord Mantell, and Tatooine (Renegade version) will all have their source files released in the next few months as well.

Nice! I've been keeping an eye on your Vjun map and I must say, it's very impressive!

While I am here, I have a few screens of Sullust to share. Still some tweaking on this one, but it mostly plays smoothly. GCW has custom heroes (Nien Nunb made sense since Sullust is his homeworld, and given Greedo is his opposite in the 2015 game it seemed fitting to have him in too). Nien Nunb has a DH-17 pistol and Pulse Cannon, while Greedo has a Relby K23 (should be DT-12 but there isn't a model of one made yet).

I've made only one change to the command posts - the Empire/Republic start with the previously-neutral one because the Rebels/CIS always get it first and it then becomes very difficult for the Republic/Empire to get it - as the only two ways up are via stairs. I was considering some additional decoration as well, but we'll see.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
In Progress:

On Hold:

Two videos of Sullust.

Rebel gameplay:

Empire gameplay:

Working on a couple of fixes for Cato Neimoidia since it's hard for the Empire/CIS to get a foothold. Also might include custom heroes there too.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I'm expecting to release Sullust tomorrow. In the meantime, here's some screenshots.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
In Progress:

On Hold:

In Progress:

On Hold:

Hi, all! It's been a while! I started properly working on PSP Bespin this week, and that's going to be my next portable conversion. I'm also handing the SWBF2 version of that map.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Hi, all! Been a while! I'm currently putting together a 'starter map pack' for the Elite Squadron maps:

• Bespin
  • Cato Neimoidia
  • Kashyyyk

This 'starter pack' will use slightly-altered versions of the sides first debuted in Bespin. Future maps I convert will require this as a base, in order to keep download size to a minimum. In effect, this will result in a conversion mod that features the maps from Elite Squadron, with sides that are influenced by a blend of stock and SWBF3 sides.

At present, the map pack is being tested out for bugs, but when it is ready - hopefully soon - I will post it here.

I will, however, be keeping this version of the mod closed-source, though I will share certain assets from it further down the line.
In Progress:

On Hold:

October 22, 2021, 01:41:29 PM #13 Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 01:58:01 PM by Giftheck
Here's a sneak peak at some work on Elite Squadron Pack 2:

This will work only with the Elite Squadron Base Pack. Four maps will be included:

Quote-Coruscant
-Death Star (exclusive to GCW)
-Mustafar
-Vjun

Pack 3 will also contain four maps:

Quote-Dantooine
-Endor
-Tatooine
-Yavin IV

I might be tempted to make a fourth pack of original maps. I have not decided yet whether I will or what this will contain though.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Here's a few screenshots of the initial run. Still quite a bit of work to do with these maps, but I'm fairly happy at how they're proceeding.

Death Star:

Coruscant:

In Progress:

On Hold: