Which would you rather have?

Started by Kit Fisto, August 07, 2012, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which would you rather have? PLEASE READ FIRST POST BEFORE VOTING

All 6 Star Wars films
Star Wars Battlefront with mods/modding
So here are the "rules" for this theoreticall question:
You can only choose one, no "I would keep both" answers.
The idea of this is to see if people like Star Wars better than SWBF or the other way around.
If you choose Star Wars you can NEVER play SWBF or any sequal.
If you choose SWBF you can mod and play any sequal to SWBF but you can NEVER watch a Star Wars movie again, ever.  :bye:

This is a "let me think about it" kinda poll. ( I love coming up with polls  :D ) Put why you choose what you did.

I could care less about the movies, SWBF its where it's at. I'd vote for SWBF and modding even if there were 50 star wars movies.
:crazy:

I'm posting this here since it seems more on topic here.
Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 07, 2012, 09:50:20 PM
How do you stop liking Star Wars?! You know what, this gave me an idea for a poll.
Star Wars has weak acting from two of the primary actors. (Padma and Anikan) It is only barely held up by the other good actors like Christopher Lee. The plot overall although it had the potential to be good, ultimately is let down and murdered by all the expanded Universe stuff that try to give back story and explain everything. The Clone Wars is the biggest offender I hate that show to its core it ruined Star Wars for me. The only and I mean only Star Wars plot that I actually still like is Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic, it didn't conflict with what we learnt from the movies and it has one heck of a storyline to it. The Star Wars movies ultimately  don't have a good enough plot they are mostly watched by boys who enjoy watching the battles in it. Hand me a copy of The Lord Of The Rings books any day, now they are the work of a master.

I would pick neither and give up both. And go find some new game to mod, or maybe make my own.

I agree with sleep killer mostly, except for the part about not voting for either. Star wars movies are fun to watch but SWBF1 is way more valuable!

the following post is in no way trying to hate the people who chose over the movies

Idk if u guys know but swbf wouldn't be around if the star wars franchise wasnt so successful! If the movies truly "sucked" George wouldn't have kept making them. Hell, he was broke, did you read that! BROKE after making the first star wars. Now he's one of the top 10 richest people in the U.S.! Ask some older people who saw star wars episode IV in theaters in '77! Both my parents saw it in theatres and they both say that it was, and I quote "nothing like anything else that had ever came out before." sure the acting is bad but it's the story that makes it popular. And the fans aren't only "kids who want to see action movies," haven't you guys seen all the adult fans of star wars? Heard of the 501st legion fan club? Does anyone remember a couple years back all the people walking in the new years rose parade in their storm trooper costumes?! They were all ADULT FANS!! Sure the expanded universe screws up some stories but it also gives some great story lines! Idk if any of you read the star wars books but a lot of them are really well done! Timothy Zhan is among the best star wars writers. The clone wars show has its really good episodes, also it's really bad episodes. But that comes with making any tv show. Tell me a tv show where every episode is great?!

I will continue to support the star wars franchise while I am on this site.

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 07, 2012, 10:54:40 PM
Tell me a tv show where every episode is great?!
I would say game of thrones fits that criteria IMO but that's another subject altogether.

Quote from: Phobos on August 07, 2012, 11:04:29 PM
I would say game of thrones fits that criteria IMO but that's another subject altogether.
Never heard/ seen that show.

Is it American? Is it still being made?

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 07, 2012, 10:54:40 PM
the following post is in no way trying to hate the people who chose over the movies

Idk if u guys know but swbf wouldn't be around if the star wars franchise wasnt so successful! If the movies truly "sucked" George wouldn't have kept making them. Hell, he was broke, did you read that! BROKE after making the first star wars. Now he's one of the top 10 richest people in the U.S.!
Dude chill out. I know that George Lucas is a rich bloke I respect him he put a lot of work into his movies and deserves everything he enjoys today.
QuoteAsk some older people who saw star wars episode IV in theaters in '77! Both my parents saw it in theatres and they both say that it was, and I quote "nothing like anything else that had ever came out before." sure the acting is bad but it's the story that makes it popular. And the fans aren't only "kids who want to see action movies," haven't you guys seen all the adult fans of star wars? Heard of the 501st legion fan club? Does anyone remember a couple years back all the people walking in the new years rose parade in their storm trooper costumes?!
There are the adult fans out there yes. I was basing off my past opinion of Star Wars back when I loved it I loved it because of the battles as did all the other kids I know.
QuoteThe clone wars show has its really good episodes, also it's really bad episodes. But that comes with making any tv show. Tell me a tv show where every episode is great?!
Doctor Who, Robin Hood, The Vampire Diaries, etc

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 07, 2012, 11:13:49 PM
Dude chill out.
Alright I'll calm down. Lol. So there are 2 types of fans for star wars IMO, the kind who like it for the battles, video games, and all the great action that comes with that. Thats not bad. Then the other fan who likes the star wars universe and the complexity and genius of it. With that comes the latter. I hope my point got across to all the other people wanting to start something.  :D

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 07, 2012, 11:22:06 PM
Alright I'll calm down. Lol. So there are 2 types of fans for star wars IMO, the kind who like it for the battles, video games, and all the great action that comes with that. Thats not bad. Then the other fan who likes the star wars universe and the complexity and genius of it. With that comes the latter. I hope my point got across to all the other people wanting to start something.  :D
I'm not entirely sure if you got that I am not a fan of Star Wars in any aspect except for the old republic era?

August 07, 2012, 11:35:55 PM #12 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:38:07 PM by Phobos
Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 07, 2012, 11:08:50 PM
Is it American? Is it still being made?
season 3 doesn't start airing until next year but since its based on the books and theres like 7 it should keep going i think
Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 07, 2012, 11:22:06 PM
I like mostly the first aspect you mentioned more but the second part I still enjoy too. They were really creative with those star wars aliens...

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 07, 2012, 11:35:06 PM
I'm not entirely sure if you got that I am not a fan of Star Wars in any aspect except for the old republic era?
But your a giant fan of swbf?! They don't really seem to go together… To love the game you have to at least like the movies! :( That's like saying I really really like the lotr conquest video game, but I hate the lotr rings movies and books! If you truly loved lotr conquest then you would at least like the movies/books! Get my point?

August 07, 2012, 11:51:55 PM #14 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:55:34 PM by Regent
Well I'd choose the games personally. I used to hold the films with higher regard... But I was younger then...
In-fact I doubt I'd ever watch them again anyway.