is it possible to modify function script init ?

Started by wsa30h, December 04, 2019, 02:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
can function script init be modified or can i make a new modified one ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

December 04, 2019, 07:48:52 PM #1 Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 07:58:21 PM by Dark_Phantasmagorical
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. I saw you working with post script stuff in BF2 but that doesnt exist in BF1. Like I said, we can't add hard coded stuff at this point. You can write your own lua stuff to do plenty of things, but we would need to know what you are trying to accomplish
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

December 05, 2019, 01:17:15 AM #2 Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 01:19:42 AM by wsa30h
am trying to give multiple symbols to local teams and vehicles to team 4 just like battlefront2 rumble conquest
in battlefront 2 the game thinks all 4 teams are main and for locals you just add vehicles in that field but for example if cis is team 4 we make a new entry in the vehicle spawn odf and add classCis then we can put a vehicle there this works in battlefront 2 but doesent work in battlefront 1
-- bf1 tcw battles

Quote from: wsa30h on December 05, 2019, 01:17:15 AM
am trying to give multiple symbols to local teams and vehicles to team 4 just like battlefront2 rumble conquest

works in battlefront 2 but doesent work in battlefront 1

This is the key.  I don't want to say it's impossible, because we've all been proven wrong, but I can say with confidence right now that there is no method in BF1 to edit symbol settings and vehicles for teams beyond 3.
I don't know how BF2 rumble conquest does it, but BF1 is limited in its capabilities.  Modders who come from BF2 have had their hopes dashed like this for years, and though we can do more than we could several years ago, the same concepts apply.

The reason it is probably functional in BF2 is that they had to make sure that certain campaign maps and game modes worked with more than 3 teams.  I can't think of any specifically, but think about it this way: in BF1, they had a brand new game, when it went to testing, they didn't think about whether they could put X amount of teams in there.  They wanted to make sure what they had worked without any bugs.  Now, the programmers thought ahead and left functionality in there for up to 7 teams + team 0 (8 total), but teams 3-7 all probably copy the same code, which had the unintended side effect of not allowing team 4+ localization.  Same way with the spawn screen, the programmers left code in there for up to 12 units + 1 hero per team.  However, somebody else did the PC spawn screen and it was only tested with 5 units and that's all it supports without hex editing (and that presents its own issues).

Sorry for the long rant, but I felt the need to explain this from a different perspective.  I'm not going to say it will never work, but we know enough about the game now to say what is and isn't possible at this point, and no amount of lua scripting will make this stuff possible.  This is why I started digging into the exe - to try to get past some of these limits.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

thanks for your answer i guess i will just keep doing it the way i have been. thinking of moving over to battlefront 2 modding
-- bf1 tcw battles