Cant find map

Started by Delta327, September 01, 2014, 10:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok, I'm going try to make a new addme.script for that map. 1KB is a normal size for that file, but i'm pretty sure it's the problem, as it's what tells the game to add the map to the instant action menu, hence the name. All I need to know is what era this map is. Is it Clone Wars only, Galactic Civil War only or both?

Its both
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Alright, override the addme.script with the one in this zip. Then tell me if that fixes it.

September 01, 2014, 05:22:59 PM #18 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 12:43:04 AM by Unit 33
Thanks

Just drag it into the my ARC

[EDIT]
Still woundnt show up
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Do you think its a map error
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

I have no idea at this point, I've never seen a map do this before.

Ok thanks for your help
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

I'd suggest waiting for some else to respond. They might know what the problem is.

I edited the addme file and I went to go on BF1 and it crashed
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Addme files cannot be modified in their compressed state. (as a .script file) You can only edit the un-munged version, witch is an .lua file.

Ok, here's my questions:
1.)  Is this a map you created, or that you downloaded from somewhere else?  This will help us isolate the problem.
2.)  You say this map is not showing up in Instant Action.  I am thinking since the addme did not work, that the map and files are in the wrong place.  The file path should be Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn\ARC(name of level)\addme.script.  If this is not in this folder in this exact way, it doesn't matter how many different files you use, it will not work.  There shouldn't be anything inside the ARC folder OTHER THAN the Data folder and addme.script (other than possibly a readme and mapinfo).
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

September 02, 2014, 01:40:46 PM #27 Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:08:53 PM by Delta327
Quote from: Dark_Phantasmagorical on September 01, 2014, 09:58:47 PM
Ok, here's my questions:
1.)  Is this a map you created, or that you downloaded from somewhere else?  This will help us isolate the problem.
2.)  You say this map is not showing up in Instant Action.  I am thinking since the addme did not work, that the map and files are in the wrong place.  The file path should be Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn\ARC(name of level)\addme.script.  If this is not in this folder in this exact way, it doesn't matter how many different files you use, it will not work.  There shouldn't be anything inside the ARC folder OTHER THAN the Data folder and addme.script (other than possibly a readme and mapinfo).
1. No I made my map
2. Every thing is in the folder that is supposed to be in there
I think something whent wrong during the mungeing
So I remunge the map and its saying that I have many missing files
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

have you ever successfully munged a map?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yes I have
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A