Random Crazy Lua Question.

Started by Rayce, May 02, 2014, 11:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it possible to use the command "ScriptCB_DoFile()" to load another mission script?

To load another mission? You want to execute a different mission script to the one currently being executed?

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 02, 2014, 04:14:30 PM
To load another mission? You want to execute a different mission script to the one currently being executed?
Yes in order to make changes to the second mission without needing the script. (Don't worry, this is only for personal mods)  Anyway, now that gametoast is back up, you guy can close this if you want.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on May 02, 2014, 04:32:07 PM
Yes in order to make changes to the second mission without needing the script. (Don't worry, this is only for personal mods)
I think you can re-define functions in lua. So yeah it probably is possible, I don't know much about how SWBFII works but isn't there a function that gets executed before ScriptInit does? That's where you would want to put it probably.

May 02, 2014, 06:10:22 PM #4 Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 08:12:58 PM by CommanderAwesome
Quote from: SleepKiller on May 02, 2014, 06:04:15 PM
I think you can re-define functions in lua. So yeah it probably is possible, I don't know much about how SWBFII works but isn't there a function that gets executed before ScriptInit does? That's where you would want to put it probably.
Maybe. (I'm good with Lua but not THAT good, still a lot of things I don't know.)

EDIT
Issue is resolved, see HERE